Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
09-10-2012, 07:25 AM
RE: FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
Hi Xpander.

Actually it can be proven quite simply that FTA is real and very strong. Here is a simple thought experiment.

If P1 for example does absolutely nothing (just passes), then P2 is in an identical position to as what P1 would have been except that the opposition now has 10 witpoints in the bank. If as P1 I can effectively choose to be P2 but with twice as many points, why would I ever choose to be P2?

The fact that most people don't pass their first turn as P1 just indicates there is an advantage in being player one IN ADDITION TO the bonus five witpoints.

As you can see, testing is not necessary on this. But if you like data, I think that fact that at higher level queue stacking is prevalent and normal players are only getting P1 about 20% of the time indicates that the best players have determined the answer to this decisively.

All that is left is taking great satisfaction from being player 2 and beating the queue stackers who have risen to a level beyond their abilities! ;-) The five wit advantage they snaffle still doesn't make up for common mistakes you see
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn - Joggies - 09-10-2012 07:25 AM