Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
07-18-2012, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 11:19 AM by brayton.)
RE: FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
I love Go, but nobey gets the rules and plays with me.
In Go FTA is larger, because you dont have the freedom to just take units the same way as in outwitters, because in Go holding the position on the board is a grater asset and there is no movement range or FoW
Some maps have great FTA, long nine is fairly bad. In passandplay i lost to my 11 year old cousin, yes i made some not perfect moves, but not mistakes. He runner rushed me, which is not really a good thing for the game, its sorta a cheat. Because when you have 2 spawn points and a map with that oppotunity it only takes a few turns to prepare for a runner rush, and 2 turns to exucute it. It takes at least 3 turns to get any other unit to damage the base, rather than 5 runners which takes a few turns to win.
Foundry is not a good runner rush map, cause the distance there are not many points away from spawns. There is one, but that goes past a spawn. I think its probably just the strategyi need to find to defend, but with FTA on long nine while runner rushing is not good. 2 runners a turn, no need to build any more other units, and dont bother intercepting them with runners, just hit the base, which hard to defend agenst.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn - brayton - 07-18-2012 11:09 AM