Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
(07-10-2012 09:48 PM)wonderpug Wrote:  What about making it so player 2 starts matches with one of his wit bonus spaces possessed? You'd boost the second player rather than hindering the first, and it would both give the second player more wit at the start and make him more able to respond to early player 1 first turn aggression, since player 2 doesn't have to worry about moving a guy onto that wit space on his first move.

Depending on the map, that isn't true. P1 could be preparing a unit to jump on the Wit Space in turn 3.

I've been reading this thread with interest and am of the opinion, that the way to adjust for FTA is the proposed Wit reduction for P1. However, we are clucking about unlaid eggs here (german proverb, don't worry if you don't know it). Before any measures are taken to address FTA, let the metrics that Alex has put in place produce some data to make an informed decision about whether or not FTA is a general problem or a map specific problem or not a problem at all.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn - Kamikaze28 - 07-10-2012 09:57 PM