Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Scrambling to the Top
08-12-2013, 04:59 AM
RE: Scrambling to the Top
(08-12-2013 03:56 AM)Zac+2173 Wrote:  Honestly, I have trouble beating a bombshell. I think your best bet would be to attack early and keep him from getting in a turtling position.

Everyone has trouble with a BS if the player is refined enough. Only BSes I take out is when my opponent isn't an expert playing with scallywags.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 08:27 AM
(08-12-2013 04:59 AM)(Rone) Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 03:56 AM)Zac+2173 Wrote:  Honestly, I have trouble beating a bombshell. I think your best bet would be to attack early and keep him from getting in a turtling position.

Everyone has trouble with a BS if the player is refined enough. Only BSes I take out is when my opponent isn't an expert playing with scallywags.

Once he has a wall of bombshells, it is pretty much game over

[Image: sig.png][Image: 8xsh7n.jpg]

Awesome signature made by .Memories.
08-12-2013, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 11:18 AM by ElPared.)
(07-17-2013 11:32 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(07-17-2013 10:49 AM)ElPared Wrote:  
(07-14-2013 02:51 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  Can we see some more thorn gulley games?

indeed, Thorn Gulley is the bane of my existence when I play as Feedback. I only ever win there when I can successfully rush up the middle:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzpjmAww

excellent move Exclamation

Thanks, I still need to adapt it to when I'm P1 though. To me Thorn Gulley is pretty much a throwaway map as Feedback otherwise, especially vs Adorables.

Peekaboo can work if you're smart with scramblers. You have to take risks as Feedback for them to be successful, so moving a buffed Scrambler 4 spaces away from a BS and hoping they don't hit it with a runner is usually the way I go. Even safer is if you can get a single soldier to live withing striking distance of the scrambler, then scramble a guard and double tap it.

either way the damn things are really tough to kill. I'd love to hear some strategies in general on what to do about them as F

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
08-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Lately, when I go up against bombshells, I'm finding focusing on bombshell support works out better. Or find another route to attack. This works well for feedback and adorables, I think.

Here's a specific tactic that has worked with feedback for me: put multiple soldiers in splash range (not from the same hex when possible). Use the soldiers as bait for your scrambler. It may take a couple turns and you can build a force (including a scrambler) behind. If they don't attack the soldiers, use the soldiers along with other units to attack the bombshell. If they do attack, arrange a counter attack that will be bad for them.

I find 1-spawn maps quite doable with feedback against most races. Use the scrambler to gain unit advantage. A simple tactic is: Scramble something, retreat it, and [eventually] heal it. Assuming you still spawned something that turn, that puts you up a unit even after your scrambler is slaughtered. If your scrambled unit can also kill something adjacent to it (typically runner or soldier), you'll be up 2 units.
08-19-2013, 10:00 AM
good advice Thrutchy, I'll try to remember it for next time. I lost a game to Scallys this week but it wasn't because of a BS (well, part of it was, but I killed it. I jsut couldn't make a comeback afterward due to some stupid errors)

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
08-23-2013, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 02:38 PM by (Rone).)
(08-12-2013 11:51 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Here's a specific tactic that has worked with feedback for me: put multiple soldiers in splash range (not from the same hex when possible). Use the soldiers as bait for your scrambler. It may take a couple turns and you can build a force (including a scrambler) behind. If they don't attack the soldiers, use the soldiers along with other units to attack the bombshell.

Good advice. Really gives a framework to try out and work with!

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]