On the topic of coming out of the non-gay closet, who's Bombshell BB?Tongue

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Scrambling to the Top
I'm guessing Stolen Memories is another person who's a ST trying out feedback.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
05-23-2013, 12:16 PM
If there are people with multiple accounts that are in Top 200, i wonder how many actual people are in Top 200

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
05-23-2013, 04:26 PM
(05-23-2013 11:08 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I'm guessing Stolen Memories is another person who's a ST trying out feedback.

Hah! Not quite an ST.. But that's me. Did I play you?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM
I only use Adorables as Jenmin0 and that is my only account. Creating a new account to try out feedback sounds interesting though. As it is I am playing some tough people in the Master League and I figure trying to learn Feedback would only hurt me at this level. It seems logical though because if you play with them a lot, it would only help you understand how to play against them too.

IGN: ArmyOfDerek (formerly Jenmin0)
Super-Titan 1vs1
Super-Titan 2vs2 with ASingleKindle
I have many posted games on OSN for everyone to check out.
05-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Haha, no, but browsing OSN, I saw a large number of submissions where the person won them all and was promoted to Master after their 6th or so game (as evidenced by a masters person playing against unrated people), all feedback. I figured it was someone higher up trying out what Alvendor is trying.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
05-23-2013, 11:41 PM
I wonder why it's so easy to get into master on fresh accounts when u only play gifted and lower in placement matches? On my veggie account I was placed in gifted and promoted to master after my 6th game. It just seemed weird seeing as some placement matches were also against untangled players.

[Image: sig.png]
05-24-2013, 01:18 AM
(05-23-2013 09:25 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  Well I might as well come out of the non-gay closet now and admit that my alternate account is "Veggienauts" in which I've played only as Veggies to see how high I can get.

I reached ST pretty quickly but I think I've plateaued now around rank 40-60. Hate to say it but they definitely are a weak race and I don't think I can credit a single win to the fact that I had a bramble.
The problem with bramble is that it is not a tide turner at all. If I am even slightly behind and try to spawn a bramble I've almost surely secured my own loss. On some large maps it can be a bit helpful but again, only when I already have an advantage and can use the bramble to further the advantage.

I've reached a point where I am definitely losing games where I know I could have won had I been a different race and most my games now I don't even spawn a bramble. I would be better off using Feedback and not spawning any specials, just for the fear it would instill in my opponent about a possible scrambler (as long as they don't know I'm not going to spawn one).

What were your experience playing veggies vs feedback?

Soldier spam FTW
05-24-2013, 11:45 AM
(05-24-2013 01:18 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  
(05-23-2013 09:25 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  Well I might as well come out of the non-gay closet now and admit that my alternate account is "Veggienauts" in which I've played only as Veggies to see how high I can get.

I reached ST pretty quickly but I think I've plateaued now around rank 40-60. Hate to say it but they definitely are a weak race and I don't think I can credit a single win to the fact that I had a bramble.
The problem with bramble is that it is not a tide turner at all. If I am even slightly behind and try to spawn a bramble I've almost surely secured my own loss. On some large maps it can be a bit helpful but again, only when I already have an advantage and can use the bramble to further the advantage.

I've reached a point where I am definitely losing games where I know I could have won had I been a different race and most my games now I don't even spawn a bramble. I would be better off using Feedback and not spawning any specials, just for the fear it would instill in my opponent about a possible scrambler (as long as they don't know I'm not going to spawn one).

What were your experience playing veggies vs feedback?

Veggie vs Feedback was definitely my favorite matchup since I felt like I actually got some utility out of my Bramble. Veggie vs Veggies were very boring as expected. Against Adorables or Scalli's it was basically me trying to prevent my opponent from getting a special out for the most part, can't last in a long game against either of them.

But against Feedback I felt comfortable not rushing and the games got a lot more interesting as I could use thorns to seek out Scramblers and stuff Tongue
05-24-2013, 12:13 PM
In theory:
Scallywags beats Veggienauts but loses to Adorables and ties with Feedback
Adorables beats Scallywags but loses to Feedback and ties with Veggienauts
Feedback beats Adorables but loses to Veggienauts and ties with Scallywags
Veggienauts beats Feedback but loses to Scallywags and ties with Adorables

In practice:
Skill differences throw the whole thing off

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…