Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Scrambling to the Top
05-24-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Scrambling to the Top
who's theory is that lol. why does feedback beat adorables..?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2013, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 11:36 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
I'm curious to see how an adorable beats a turtler scallywags on maps like peekaboo. And why the hell veggies beat feedback since scrambling thorns is very awesome to deal with bramble ^^'

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
05-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Veggies could easily deal with scramblers waiting for the first wave to finish. Grow thorns around the enemy soldiers, and then attack the scrambler(s)

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
05-25-2013, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 06:13 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Feedback beats Adorables because Scrambler can turn mobi rushes against itself and mobi sniping soldiers isn't good if you can't kill the Scrambler behind them. The Scrambler can scramble the sniper and shoot the Mobi or the soldier and make room for your own soldier to kill Mobi when you normally couldn't kill Mobi without scrambling. But Feedback loses to Veggienauts because thorn patches can kill Scrambler easily.

A Bombshell is easy to kill with Mobi and splash damage takes care of the thorn patches. A scrambler must be well protected to scramble a Bombshell but when it does, it is deadly for the Scallywags team which is why its a tie.

Adorables tie with Veggienauts because Mobi sniping thorn patches isn't really effective unless you snipe a 2nd generation thorn patch or Bramble itself.

But in practice, if you use the specials well, you could beat opponents with the stronger team

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
05-26-2013, 03:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 04:02 AM by Alvendor.)
16. outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ym-fBAww

First time I try to be creative. I know the sniper is on the wit space and that he has two units that I don't know of. Unless he has a mobi he has a lot of wits saved. This means he will probably not create a second runner on his next turn. So he either has a runner or could create one. The most likely places for that runner are the three tiles below the soldier and sniper. None of those places will be able to spot my scrambler.

The risk would be if he has a runner behind the heavy, or create a new runner and puts it behind or front of the heavy. There is also the risk he attacks my soldiers, but that is quite small and decreases the better the opponent is.

The gamble works out and I win in two turns. Shows how effective risky plays can be! Would be interesting to know how often this play would work if used a 100 times...

Soldier spam FTW
05-28-2013, 07:36 AM
i started doing feedback a couple of days ago, before finding this post, and it hasn't affected my win rate. I'm experimenting with the ideas here: http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=535

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
05-28-2013, 08:07 AM
I play nearly exclusively feedback, but i play adorables a bit aswell. I have about a 65% win rate in gifted.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
05-30-2013, 06:07 AM
Feedback only 1v1. I'm surprised at your high-risk move, nice payoff.
06-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi, I recently got this game about a week ago and I have found that I am best when playing with the team feedback. Using the team feedback I have been promoted to the clever league and can beat about any anyone in that league except when I get in prolonged battles with an adorables team. The player will either use a mobi to get a sniper close to beat me which I can fix by defending better, but my troubles come when the player moves their peice and kills one of mine and then retreats using a heavily protected mobi and repeats the process until I lose. I have tried using a scrambler to convert a player to try and kill the mobi but I either can't get close enough to convert without dying or the piece I convert is to far away to kill the mobi. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can beat this?
06-01-2013, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 04:56 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
In clever, all you have to do is doing less mistakes than you opponent, and avoid to have units that can be killed easily. Show me one replay where that happenned and we'll see what you can improve Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]