Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
06-12-2013, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 10:58 PM by phineas94.)
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
(06-11-2013 04:28 AM)Szei Wrote:  My first account took 60-70 wins with 7 or 8 losses to go from Gifted to ST, but that account started before the league redistribution in the early days of Outwitters (so it may not be indicative of how things are now). I had to go 8-0 against ST to get promoted on this account (my losses were all against Masters before I began facing ST players).

My second account took me 47 wins and 1 or 2 losses to go from Gifted to ST. I had to go 5-0 against 5 ST to get promoted (again my losses were against Master players before I faced STs).

5W 0L -> Gifted
1W 0L -> Master
41W ~2L -> ST

I'm playing a third account now. I let 8 games expire on it after my placement matches though so things will be different this time.

5W 0L -> Gifted
15W 8L -> Master (8 losses in a row came first and then the 15 win streak to get promoted)
31W 0L -> Still Master

Thanks Szei. Added. I left the first account details out due to it's age. Good luck getting to ST with 0 losses in your third account, from looking at what we've got so far I reckon that'll happen around the 40 game mark. Let me know Smile

(06-12-2013 01:54 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Bramble used here Tongue But not on the usual side lol

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6KDbAww

I hope playing at this level doesn't put you into bad habits. Nice win though Wink

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 12:53 PM
2v2 with NagatoXYZ, won 4 loss 1 against master, placed into ... Master?! I think 5 wins is an auto lock into top 200

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Still master
31) outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y3vLXAww

iPro Clan
06-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Its important to keep in mind that its not just W/L ratio, but who you're beating. If you start a new account and start 30ish games immediately, you might win them all, but they're all against fluffy/clevers, so you might not even get out of gifted.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
06-14-2013, 12:45 AM
(06-13-2013 10:34 PM)amoffett Wrote:  Its important to keep in mind that its not just W/L ratio, but who you're beating. If you start a new account and start 30ish games immediately, you might win them all, but they're all against fluffy/clevers, so you might not even get out of gifted.

But it beats 10 ST in a row?

iPro Clan
06-14-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm pretty sure there are multiple requirements to reach ST, not just hidden ranking. Probably something like this:

1. Hidden Ranking > threshold X
AND
2. Number of Games > Y

OR

Hidden Ranking > threshold Y

The only reason I think this is because I only got promoted on the game that ranked me at #34. That means I was probably ~#40 and still not promoted? That's pretty strange. Also, I was either at 59 or 60 games so I found that pretty suspicious too.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-14-2013, 01:50 AM
No idea. Bombshell BB actually got promoted to ST after losing a game to a ST.

iPro Clan
06-14-2013, 03:22 AM
(06-13-2013 10:34 PM)amoffett Wrote:  Its important to keep in mind that its not just W/L ratio, but who you're beating. If you start a new account and start 30ish games immediately, you might win them all, but they're all against fluffy/clevers, so you might not even get out of gifted.

That's definitely true. On my second ST account I started ~15 games at the beginning against Fluffy-Gifted. I actually had some of the slowest of those original games still going even when I was close to ST. This means that someone could likely reach ST with fewer games with the correct strategy (not beginning a bunch of games with low hidden rating opponents). The optimal way to reach ST in the fewest number of games possible is to only have a single game going at a time and not to search for a new game until the previous one is over. This way each time you search for an opponent it will be when your hidden rating is slightly higher from beating your previous opponent. This increases your chance of matching up against a higher hidden rating opponent each time you search instead of queuing up a bunch of games when you have a lower hidden rating. As a result, on average your hidden rating will increase by more for each of your wins.

Granted, it's not fun to have to do this especially if you get matched with a slow opponent! This is why it doesn't really matter how few games you can play to get to ST because ultimately a lot of it comes down to how patient you are and how lucky you get with fast opponents rather than just skill =)
06-14-2013, 07:26 AM
There actually exists an even quicker way, at least in theory!

1. Find out how long it takes before getting matched with random opponent if no opponent at your skill level is found.
2. Ask Poweewee exactly when he starts a game.
3. As usual Poweewee has too high of a rating and is getting matched with a random opponent. Time your new game to be that person.
4. Beat Poweewee.
5. Repeat.
6. Reach ST in less than 10 games.

Soldier spam FTW
06-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Seriously, he gets matched with random people. There's some timeout and then he starts to get matched with the first person available?

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4