Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Outwitters Tournament?
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
An Outwitters Tournament?
i think once this game has settled down and everythings working, we should set up some kind of tournament. I was thinking people enroll on a thread, only allowing something like twenty people, and then after enrollment is over, people are given an opponent and it goes up like that pyramid style table ( i dont know what its called, sorry Tongue). its just an idea, and it may be hard to understand. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
RE: An Outwitters Tournament?
Don't worry, I've got plans for a Tournament down the road. For now, let's all familiarize ourselves with the game.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I think the best thing to do would be to have a much larger tornament, done into groups. Example. Group A has x eople. group B has x people. And so on. The larger the tornament the better. So practically anyone could apply, it would just have to be spread out over a while.
G.A does first round, G.B does first round... G.A does second.. And so forth until the groups wage war agenst one another. And if groups were based on locations so not too many hours time difference(because i would hate for the deciding match to at 2 in the morning while the british are in the middle of the day and alertness. Also dates could decide groups(group a match 1 on 25, group b match 1 on 26..ect.) goodluck

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-10-2012, 01:20 AM
I ran a Hero Academy tournament using a round robin system, where people play everyone in their subgroup, advancement is based on points. I think round robin is a little more fair and interesting than single elimination, although its admittedly harder to run.

But I learned that its a disaster to start a tournament in the first two weeks because there are too many people that wont stick with it. You do better if you wait and get people that know they will be around.
07-10-2012, 01:29 AM
With the replay sharing capabilities it is also very cool. My idea was to play a 16 or 32 player best of 3 elimination tournament. I'm still mulling over how to deal with FTA in 3 games; maybe one player can pick the map while the other one gets the first turn or something like that.

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-10-2012, 01:43 AM
How about the lower ranked player gets two starts out of three games?
07-10-2012, 02:24 AM
(07-10-2012 01:43 AM)Stoltz1975 Wrote:  How about the lower ranked player gets two starts out of three games?

New account, auto forfeit, advantage tournament!
07-10-2012, 02:27 AM
We also have plans to do an official tournament down the road.
07-10-2012, 02:28 AM
(07-10-2012 02:27 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  We also have plans to do an official tournament down the road.

Awesome! I'll see how that pans out before rushing anything.

07-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Ohhooooohohooooohohhhoooo....at the end of a tournament there's always a reward... * nudge nudge *