Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Double/Triple Mobis
05-09-2013, 06:00 AM
RE: Double/Triple Mobis
Push and try to kill the sniper, Mobis can't attack, just move around existing units, the less units he has, the more useless his Mobis are.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Also, save wits. Do a few turns without spending wits, because then you'll have 20+ saved up, and attack all at once. Mobi hit and runs, especially this kind, are annoying, but wit-costly. Your opponent won't be able to come back if you kill enough units.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
05-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Exactly. Attack. The closer you get to mobis the less advantage they have. Even though mobi hit-n-run are taking out your units it can cost them more because they aren't making any. If they are using multiple mobis, it is probably costing even more because they teleport/retreat more. On top of that, each mobi is costing a couple soldiers they could have had.
05-09-2013, 09:48 AM
(05-09-2013 12:41 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Nevermind, Mag!c, I found the replay.

Could you provide a replay link? Mag!cguy has plenty of replays!!!

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Honestly, I've always found that anything more than 2 mobi's is incredibly wit inefficient. They can be useful if you have wits saved, but unless you end the game quickly they become cumbersome. They cost a lot of wits to make and cant attack. They also cost a lot of wits to use! If he has 3 mobi's then it would take him a wit to move, a wit to attack and a wit to mobi...total wits is 9-(any retrieved for killing you units)..so probably 7 or 8 wits to kills 2 units.

My suggestions:

-"Feed" him. One of may favorite strategies was to "feed" soldiers. I would send out a solider 3 spaces from my spawn and let him double mobi it. It only cost me 3 wits to do this, it cost him 5. THis is more effective on 2 spawn maps, because unit count is not as important.

-Attack, come up with a plan and execute it. If you think he's m,aking another mobi, position you units and attack him AFTER he spawns it. He will be at a wit deficit and less able to counter at this point. If he triple mobi's you attack him AFTER this, for the same reasons I just mentioned.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
05-09-2013, 02:23 PM
If it's hard to counter multiple mobis, then the best solution is not to let them get there. Attack effectively, and don't hold back for too long, because if you do, there's tons of things that your opponent can prepare for.

Anyway, I don't even see the double mobi as an effective tactic; if you had that much wits, then use it to ATTACK with your first mobi and other units.
05-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Here it is Smile

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y-J-OAww

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
05-09-2013, 08:33 PM
This reminds me of something...

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y0IPQAgw

05-10-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure why double mobi wouldn't be a valid tactic for some one-spawn maps. Granted it can be countered, but if the opponent was turtling, it could be used to weaken them, or drill a hole to do a mobi + sniper attack on the base.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
05-12-2013, 02:24 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YqcG9Aww

just finished...hope Mag!cguy doesn't get bored. It lasts around 100 turns!

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division