Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Top 200 - 5/6/2013
05-08-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Weekly Top 200 - 5/6/2013
I only won 4/5 of my placement games for 2v2 random, against all fluffies I believe or unranked teams and I got placed into masters, at #80 in the 2v2 random charts.

I also got placed into masters in 1v1 with 5/5 placement won + 1 more game against all fluffies or clever except the last game which was against a gifted.

My theory is that the placement algorithm is different than the normal league ranking system and takes into account other factors of your games when it ranks you (such as perhaps turns taken, giving you a higher boost in placement if your games were fast), or maybe base points left, etc.

Turns taken makes sense as we've seen the cheaters who got placed into masters I think (who's games all took 2 or 3 turns, right?).

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Weekly Top 200 - 5/6/2013
(05-08-2013 10:55 PM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I only won 4/5 of my placement games for 2v2 random, against all fluffies I believe or unranked teams and I got placed into masters, at #80 in the 2v2 random charts.

I also got placed into masters in 1v1 with 5/5 placement won + 1 more game against all fluffies or clever except the last game which was against a gifted.

My theory is that the placement algorithm is different than the normal league ranking system and takes into account other factors of your games when it ranks you (such as perhaps turns taken, giving you a higher boost in placement if your games were fast), or maybe base points left, etc.

Turns taken makes sense as we've seen the cheaters who got placed into masters I think (who's games all took 2 or 3 turns, right?).

Could be. But I feel it's just broke Smile too much weight given to those games ending up in a unrealistic high hidden rating value placing players who get 5 out of 5 on the cusp of promotion. If only we knew Smile

Still, it gives us something to moan about Tongue

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply