Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset of leagues
07-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Reset of leagues
Hey guys!
Before the rejig i was in the masters leaguearound 150. I have two league games going atm, one in which i am about to lose and one which i am about to win... Is it more advantageous for me to lose or win this new placement match we have to do?

I mean i dont want to be bumped down a league if i lose it but i also dont want to join masters again just to be kicked outafter i lose my first game...

Does anyone know the weighting of the different matches..?

Thanksin advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: Reset of leagues
Per the sticky from Alex, I would think finishing your losing one first would work out better for you, as the win will be worth more afterwards. Plus not delaying your games is the kind thing to do.
07-09-2012, 10:13 PM
I love this game and would have given it more than 5 stars on iTunes if I could but,

It seems after playing all weekend and being in the top 5 of the master league I will be reset to zero points and have to complete all 5 placement matches again.

If this is so it is very disappointing as it seems that the easy way to implement a fix was taken instead of migrating the current league and score. I can only assume when any similar bug is found this will happen again which really makes league play pointless in both senses of the word.
07-09-2012, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:26 PM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-09-2012 10:13 PM)crump7 Wrote:  If this is so it is very disappointing as it seems that the easy way to implement a fix was taken instead of migrating the current league and score. I can only assume when any similar bug is found this will happen again which really makes league play pointless in both senses of the word.

I wouldn't call it 'the easy way' but 'the practical way'. The ranking system wasn't designed to shift players from division to division - only from league to league and simultaneously from one division to a new one. Resetting the whole thing is easier than to patch in some procedure to accomplish your proposal. That might even cause more problems than it solves.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I have still not completed my first 5 matches. Does this reset have any effect on me or is it only for already ranked players?
07-09-2012, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:25 PM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-09-2012 10:22 PM)yasw Wrote:  I have still not completed my first 5 matches. Does this reset have any effect on me or is it only for already ranked players?

To quote the news post:
One Man Left Wrote:
  • If you haven’t finished your placement matches then this wont effect you

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
(07-09-2012 10:18 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:13 PM)crump7 Wrote:  If this is so it is very disappointing as it seems that the easy way to implement a fix was taken instead of migrating the current league and score. I can only assume when any similar bug is found this will happen again which really makes league play pointless in both senses of the word.

I wouldn't call it 'the easy way' but 'the practical way'. The ranking system wasn't design to shift players from division to division - only from league to league and simultaneously from one division to a new one. Resetting the whole thing is easier than to patch in some procedure to accomplish your proposal. That might even cause more problems than it solves.

I don't agree that resetting all data is the practical way to fix software issues, it should be a last resort if there is no way to preserve the data. Lets hope when RBS has its next software problem it doesn't reset everyones accounts. (Sorry I know its not in the same league but I just couldn't help myself, and sorry about the league pun)Blush
07-09-2012, 10:54 PM
(07-09-2012 10:25 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:22 PM)yasw Wrote:  I have still not completed my first 5 matches. Does this reset have any effect on me or is it only for already ranked players?

To quote the news post:
One Man Left Wrote:

That doesn't quite seem to be true. I was part way through (4 games in with literally just winning the 4th 30 seconds prior to reading about the reset) and the effect it has on me isn't negligible. I still have to play another 5 games. Granted I wasn't in a league yet, but there is an impact of replaying the games, especially if I do even worse. LOL
07-09-2012, 11:07 PM
(07-09-2012 10:54 PM)bspooky Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:25 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  

To quote the news post:
One Man Left Wrote:

That doesn't quite seem to be true. I was part way through (4 games in with literally just winning the 4th 30 seconds prior to reading about the reset) and the effect it has on me isn't negligible. I still have to play another 5 games. Granted I wasn't in a league yet, but there is an impact of replaying the games, especially if I do even worse. LOL

As far as I understand the system, the 'progress' (if you want to call it that) from your 4 matches isn't lost. Placement matches are there to determine your skill, which is stored in a hidden matchmaking rating (MMR). With every finished game, this MMR approaches your true skill, so in a way, you will be better matched after these 9 placement matches than you would have been after the 5th match you were about to finish.

07-09-2012, 11:10 PM
I was placed in a league shortly after the reset and the. About 15 minuets later I was unranked and had to play an additional five games.