Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
04-26-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: Riddles!
I forgot that you could have multiple switches on at the time Confused

Turn A and B on, leave them for a few minutes, then turn switch B off and switch C on. Now rush in the room.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2013, 05:52 AM
(04-26-2013 05:11 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Gf!sh got the three switch version right, and the four switch version is similar to it.

Hint: How many combinations of hot, cold, on, and off are there?

Is it like the weighing imaginary balls riddle?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-26-2013, 06:06 AM
(04-26-2013 05:11 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Gf!sh got the three switch version right, and the four switch version is similar to it.

I would take off the switch pannel and see which one is connected. lol.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-26-2013, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 06:09 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
(04-26-2013 05:47 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  I forgot that you could have multiple switches on at the time Confused

Turn A and B on, leave them for a few minutes, then turn switch B off and switch C on. Now rush in the room.

Bingo! Then you touch the bulb.

On and hot = A
Off and hot = B
On and cold = C
Off and cold = D
(04-26-2013 06:06 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  

I would take off the switch pannel and see which one is connected. lol.

Okay, then you can assume there is a Zulu warrior standing nearby who will spear you in the face if you tamper with his house's wiring. Tongue

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2013, 06:15 AM
How about this one:
You are in a prison, and you want to get out. You cannot cut through the walls because there are no tools. There is no way of escaping except through two doors. Each one has a guard at it. One door leads to freedom; the other is a fire pit, and you will surely die if you go in it. You don't know which is which, and once you have opened the door you must go through it. You can ask the one of the guards ONE question in order to work out which is the 'freedom' door. One guard always tells the truth. One always lies.
What would you ask, and to which guard?

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
04-26-2013, 06:58 AM
I will go up to one of them and ask the guard to walk in the freedom door. The truthful one will go into the freedom door and survive an i will follow him. The untruthful one will try to trick me up ends up killing himself and i know to go through the other door.

04-26-2013, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 07:18 AM by Wildt4lon.)
(04-26-2013 06:15 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  You can ask the one of the guards ONE question in order to work out which is the 'freedom' door. One guard always tells the truth. One always lies.
What would you ask, and to which guard?

They can't move, they can only speak.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
04-26-2013, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 07:39 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
I'm adding letters to make it easier to explain.

Door A is the way out
Door B is the fire pit

I would ask one to lie and tell me which door goes to which. The truthful one will always tell the truth and ignore the lie part so he will tell me Door A is freedom and Door B is the fire pit. The lying one will lie and since i told him to lie, i'm basically telling him to say A is the fire pit and B is freedom and he will lie and say A is the way out and B is the fire pit. So they both will say A is freedom.

04-26-2013, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 07:46 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Your logic fails, though, because you're assuming different standards for the two guards. If the dishonest guard tells the truth when you ask him to lie, then the honest guard must lie when you ask him to.

All you have to do is ask one of the guards what the other guard would say if you asked him which door was the way out. Whatever door he tells you, you should go through the other one.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 07:48 AM by Eijolend.)
Ask guard one what guard two would say, if you asked them for the way out.
No matter which guard you ask, they will always point you to the fire pit.
It also works the other way around.

Is that correct?

Edit: AAAAH Erenan you're just too fast for me!!!

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!