Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do?
04-15-2013, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2013 12:20 PM by ElPared.)
RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do?
since most of the current teams' specials all do things during their own turns only, and I also think these guys were not added to the game because they're too similar to existing teams, here are my ideas:

Coffin: Strikes a unit for X damage. If the unit dies it comes back to life on your team (not used because Scrambler does the same thing)

Beard Guy: Uses tiki magic to levitate units from one place to another (not used because too similar to Mobi)

Snowman: 1) Throws a snowball at a unit for 3 damage. Adjacent units are frozen and have -1 movement on the next turn. (not used because too similar to Bombshell) 2) Creates indestructible ice blocks on target hex which melt the next turn (not used because too similar to Bramble)

or maybe they would have done new cool things, who knows Tongue

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: What do you think the leftover team concepts' specials would have been able to do?
[Image: bestlaidplans.jpg]

I have no idea for wa-kapooie, but I think that the coffin for the woken has the ability to raise teammates from the dead. Maybe when the woken die their ghost stays on the map for one more turn, and if the coffin can make it to them they can resurrect them and bring them back onto the battlefield with only one HP, or something along those lines.

As for the frosties, maybe the snowman could’ve frozen enemies in place? Freeze an enemy to the exact location that they’re in so that they cannot move and cannot attack until a medic comes and heals them.
05-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Isn't the coffin the medic? That's why he has a needle with a cross. The other teams medics are all in that position.

The special unit for the woken is probably the serpent.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
No, the floating ghoul with the syringe is the medic. Clockwise sniper=blow dart/serpent/igloo, medic=potions pot/syringe/sherpa, special=meditation/coffin with hand/snowman, heavy=swirlly belly/cleaver/abomidable, soldier=bone mouth/scyth/ice spear, and runner=fox/bat/ice pig.
05-10-2013, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 12:42 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
Oh! Ha, I thought the coffin and medic were one unit.

In that case, I think the coffin is a vampire unit that only really dies when you destroy the coffin, otherwise upon killing it, it just reappears one hex around wherever the coffin is.

As far as what damage it does, I think it might be 3 movement, 3 damage.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
05-10-2013, 12:47 AM
Ooo, how about this! It's a mobile spawn point! But it can only spawn the vampire bat runners. It has a health of two and a movement of two and can spawn one vampire bat runner per turn (still have to pay the one wit to spawn the runner). So it's a mobile span point so you can bring in more bats!

That'd be fun.

Thanks Cor13:4 for the inspirational light bulb moment behind that cool thought!
11-01-2013, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 07:08 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
I know there is no plan of releasing these teams, but I am discussing with jehtmonkey about the abilities of the specials and we found out interesting (but unprecise) stuff:

Wah Kapoo special:

- being a "super medic". It could give to a surrounding ally unit a bonus of 1 to heal and 1 to attack, a permanent one.
- Passive effect: each time an ally unit gets killed 3 (to be discussef) hexes away or less from the special, the enemy unit responsible of this murder will see its hp decreasing by 1 point each turn, and wouldn't be able to be healed. Would kinda work like vodoo. Big Grin
- the special could catch any enemy unit 2 hexes away or less, and during the next whole turn curse him with incantation. The special would thus not be able to move during one turn. After the incantation, the next turn, the cursed unit has 1hp and 1 attack point!
- The special could give a special power to one unit. When this unit gets hit or destroyed, the enemy unit responsible of this would give sight to you as if it was one of your unit, your opponent knowing nothing about it. It is very powerful so either this power should cost 3 wits or something like that, or the opponent should be actually aware one of his unit is infected. Smile

The Woken's special:

- For those who know starcraft II, it could work as the swarm hosts: each turn, the special spawns a zombie on the hex in front of him, and you don't spend any wit for that. The zombie would be a runner having only a mobility of 2 hexes. (To be discussed) It would make the games hyper strategic because you'd want to place the special as near as possible of your opponent so that your zombie reach him quicker, you could use them to distract your opponent, etc. The special himself would be at 1hp.
- Each turn, you could revive an unit that has been killed the former turn by spending half of its wit value, and the unit would be at 1hp. Such an unit would be awesome on 1spawn map, without being too powerful because of the huge wit cost.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-01-2013, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 10:06 PM by brayton.)
(05-10-2013 12:40 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Oh! Ha, I thought the coffin and medic were one unit.

In that case, I think the coffin is a vampire unit that only really dies when you destroy the coffin, otherwise upon killing it, it just reappears one hex around wherever the coffin is.

As far as what damage it does, I think it might be 3 movement, 3 damage.

I like Cor's idea. The notion of an Adhoc character that returns is just great, but maybe there would be a catch(as always)!

Maybe the Coffin loses 1Hp each time it resurrects, so there is now a "penalty" to losing the character. (Plus you need to medic the coffin).

I'd say an ideal base health of 2Hp, but it can only be healed one point at a time

Or some dark demon thingy that lives of the blood of soldiers and wit spaces...

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
11-02-2013, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 11:45 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Maybe the coffin uses its hands to snatch an enemy and seals it inside itself. It can snatch from 3 spaces away. Once it captures a soul, it sleeps forever. It becomes immovable and becomes a solid obstacle so Mobi can't teleport it. The enemy has to attack the coffin to break it and set the captured unit free. It has 2 hp. When it sleeps, it becomes 3 hp.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…