Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Music Do You Listen To?
04-18-2013, 03:16 AM
RE: What Music Do You Listen To?
(04-12-2013 02:03 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 10:43 PM)laYahooz Wrote:  Rappers aren't musicians :/

How would you define 'musician'? I'm not saying I enjoy rap, but this seems a bit ignorant.. Also, I think there is a difference between 'musician' and 'artist', but I believe rappers would fall into at least one of those categories.

I'd say they fall into both categories.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2013, 03:29 AM
(04-14-2013 05:52 AM)awpertunity Wrote:  Parov Stelar!

Check him out! Namely the songs "Catgroove" "Chambermaid swing" and "Monster"

I've heard a couple of things from him. Definitely interesting, different, and catchy.
If I was a dancer (which I am not), I would probably do a jig to his songs. lol

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
04-18-2013, 05:45 AM
(04-18-2013 03:16 AM)Erenan Wrote:  

How would you define 'musician'? I'm not saying I enjoy rap, but this seems a bit ignorant.. Also, I think there is a difference between 'musician' and 'artist', but I believe rappers would fall into at least one of those categories.

Artists are people who do arts like painting and music. Musicans are artists that make music like songs and soundtracks. Rappers are musicians that make rap songs.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Yes, basically.

04-29-2013, 09:21 PM
I listen to ApproachingNirvana. Personally, I think they are way too underappreciated.

04-30-2013, 05:51 AM
(04-18-2013 05:45 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(04-18-2013 03:16 AM)Erenan Wrote:  

Artists are people who do arts like painting and music. Musicans are artists that make music like songs and soundtracks. Rappers are musicians that make rap songs.

I think Jurassic Five is some hip hop (rap) that everyone can enjoy.

Live your life as more than plastic.
05-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I forgot to mention one of my favorite and most obscure Heavy Metal bands: Locust Leaves

However, they are no longer actively making music.

05-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Anyone that's into EDM should check out Schoolboy

GC: bngn3000
Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
They call me SuperFluffy!
05-02-2013, 08:02 PM
I listen to a lot of music during work and when doing some starcraft 2. So typically not very lyrics heavy. Jazz, oldies Big band, swing, movie scores, chillout, downtempo, etc.

Been listening a lot to nervous_testpilot lately. He's behind the awesome score for Frozen Synapse and the upcoming Frozen Endzone.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
05-17-2013, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 07:55 PM by Szei.)
Recently I was watching someone stream Starcraft 2 with an XBOX 360 controller (I know right? o.O) and he had some pretty relaxing music in the background. He linked me his station and I've been listening to that when playing SC2 recently. SC2Cress's Station. Here's his stream if you're interested by the way: SC2Cress on twitch.tv. Even if you don't play Starcraft, it's pretty amazing to see him using an XBOX controller at a Master level while everyone else is using a mouse and keyboard. His APM (actions per minute) is over 200 too which is quite good.

The station has a mix of songs but it's all pretty laid back. No lyrics so if you're like Alex or myself that's a plus.

Outside of SC2 I'll listen to a wide variety of music depending on my mood. I don't really have strong connections to any genres or artists. I just go on a song by song basis. No screaming though or overly dramatic lyrics please. I've heard enough of how you fell in love with that girl at first sight or how your heart is broken after your breakup. Same goes for songs where people complain about their problems and how they hate the world. I have enough to deal with as it is, I don't need to listen to more complaining. =P