Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Curious
04-17-2013, 04:49 AM
RE: Just Curious
(04-17-2013 04:41 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(04-17-2013 02:20 AM)Erenan Wrote:  As far as I can tell, people here don't appear to be more scared than usual.

Ok well what would someone do anyway? Run around in circles and scream? If it's gonna happen, it will happen. Nothing I can do to stop or change it.

actually can!
can pray for peace Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2013, 04:53 AM
(04-17-2013 04:49 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  actually can!
can pray for peace Smile
I was thinking a more active role.
But absolutely. Prayer is an option, if one believes that God will force himself on a country.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-17-2013, 05:07 AM
This should probably be in Poppycock, but in regards to being worried? I don't think people really are for the most part. If North Korea nukes a few major cities in the US, all of North Korea will be a huge wasteland. Not really worth it for North Korea. So I'm not concerned about North Korea at all in terms of attacking the US. I am worried for those people in South Korea though. North Korea doesn't even have to use nukes. They could just use conventional weapons and do significant damage to South Korea.

If there is a country to be worried about it is one with religious radicals in charge who may be prone to martyrdom, sacrificing their entire country for the sake of nuking the US. My understanding of North Korea on the other hand is that the rulers are not radicals in that sense, but rather are power hungry and certainly would not want to give up that power with the complete destruction of their county.

But anyway, don't worry. There is no sense in it. What can you do? Live in an underground bunker? Never go outside? Well, I guess if you have wifi and Outwitters...
04-17-2013, 06:32 AM
But a lot of people will die. It will be like 9/11. And we didn't destroy al qaida. We probably won't for North Korea also.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Be careful. If fear leads to prudent action that makes a positive difference, this can be a good thing. If fear leads to panic, paranoia, declines in mental and physical health, irrational behavior, this is not a good thing.

As for Al-Qaeda and North Korea...

As far as I'm aware, Al-Qaeda's presence and activity have been reduced significantly. It is difficult not only to destroy it outright, but even to determine whether it has been destroyed completely. This is because it operates as a loose network of members spread across several countries, and we don't have a list of every individual who belongs to it. What can we do? Go around and ask everyone if they are a member, and if they say, "Yes," then arrest them?

North Korea is a different story. Because it's a country, not a loosely networked terrorist organization, not only can we not simply destroy it, we can't even declare this to be our goal. It's neither simple, political, nor ethical to do so.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Exactly. We also can go around north korea asking if they're involved with the nuclear program or if they are a civilian. We can't bomb al qaida because the members are mixed in with innocent people. And it isn't worth it. We can't just bomb north korea till its barren for the same reason. The terrorists will die but many more innocent ones will go down with them.

And remember when there was an attack on the US emmbassy in Libya and Egypt on 9/11 last year?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
TheGoldenGriffin, may I ask, how old are you?

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...