Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
04-14-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
since when have sequels given the impression that the thing it's a sequel to is inferior? With movies it's often the reverse, and with games news of a sequel often breathes new life into the original.

I think Outwitters 2 would be awesome. Especially if they added some of the features we keep seeing people requesting. I'd even love to have separate leagues, like a normal league and a Ladder league where you're kicked out of ladder after the season ends, but you get access to new stuff before the non-ladder players. Then charge a buck for a ladder season ticket, perfect xD

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2013, 11:16 PM
(04-14-2013 03:26 PM)brayton Wrote:  does it make financial sense if they had just made outqitters $1 to buy straight out?

i cannot believe here is no ads on these forums...some posts get 30,000+ views.
i know there is integrety and all
but does anyone really care about small side banner ads
surly there would still be enough of a player base if it had been $1
65,000 for super-titan replay thread
how many blogs would wish or this

I hate the banner ads. They take up a piece of the screen when the game could have more room. But in Tilt to Live, there could be a section called Our Games, and there would be Outwitters there.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-14-2013, 11:53 PM
That section would be pretty empty...

04-15-2013, 01:23 AM
The problem with an Outwitters sequel is I don't see how they could make it better in terms of the core gameplay. Any improvement they could make can be done by patching the current game. To me Outwitters is like Chess. Chess 2? No thanks. Outwitters 2? Again, no thanks. But it's a real shame because the only way to get a huge influx of new players would be to make an Outwitters 2. I just don't see how that would work though without making it a different game Sad

I guess the best choice might be trying to sell Outwitters on more platforms and make it cross platform multiplayer. Android, PC, etc. I think they did that with Hero Academy. They could try putting Outwitters on steam or something too and use a different, better pricing model for these ports. The hope is that this would increase exposure as well as turn a profit this time around. The more I think about it, the more I really hope OML does take this approach. I don't want to see Outwitters die off, but a sequel that changes the core mechanics would have the same result.
04-15-2013, 02:04 AM
(04-14-2013 11:53 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  That section would be pretty empty...

There would be more games there soon. But it would make Outwitters stand out. Cuz its the only one there.

04-15-2013, 03:26 AM
[quote='ImperialSun' pid='46702' dateline='1365952989']
The problem with an Outwitters sequel is I don't see how they could make it better in terms of the core gameplay. Any improvement they could make can be done by patching the current game. To me Outwitters is like Chess. Chess 2? No thanks. Outwitters 2? Again, no thanks. But it's a real shame because the only way to get a huge influx of new players would be to make an Outwitters 2. I just don't see how that would work though without making it a different game Sad

I guess the best choice might be trying to sell Outwitters on more platforms and make it cross platform multiplayer. Android, PC, etc. I think they did that with Hero Academy. They could try putting Outwitters on steam or something too and use a different, better pricing model for these ports. The hope is that this would increase exposure as well as turn a profit this time around. The more I think about it, the more I really hope OML does take this approach. I don't want to see Outwitters die off, but a sequel that changes the core mechanics would have the same result.
[/quote
The problem is that if they do that they would need more severs or would have to be able to attack people on different platforms and that would costs them tons a money so I don't think theyll do that

[Image: sig.png]
2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED
04-15-2013, 04:49 AM
(04-15-2013 03:26 AM)Qwerty Wrote:  
(04-15-2013 01:23 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  The problem with an Outwitters sequel is I don't see how they could make it better in terms of the core gameplay. Any improvement they could make can be done by patching the current game. To me Outwitters is like Chess. Chess 2? No thanks. Outwitters 2? Again, no thanks. But it's a real shame because the only way to get a huge influx of new players would be to make an Outwitters 2. I just don't see how that would work though without making it a different game Sad

The problem is that if they do that they would need more severs or would have to be able to attack people on different platforms and that would costs them tons a money so I don't think theyll do that

Where is the problem? They only have to add servers to accommodate new players. Presumably these new players would bring in more than enough money to cover additional servers. I assume this because OML never said the server costs were an issue (I know they do cost money, but OML's omission of this makes it see like it is an aside rather than the primary problem). Instead the main issue OML mentioned was a lack of downloads and subsequent purchases.
04-15-2013, 09:16 AM
I remember from somewhere that they said each turn sent costs money

04-15-2013, 09:20 AM
More platforms is definitely the way to go. I have to use my partner's iPad to play...I've tried downloading outwitters to an ipad touch but its too old to support it...ive also tried downloading Xcode to see if I can play on my Mac but so far, no dice.... Coding for another platform definitely costs money,, then u have to worry about 2 sets of upgrades for each release/ patch...

But there's major support for outwitters and if they fix their pricing then another platform would definitely open up **huge amounts of untapped players/ customer base.

http://soundcloud.com/jt_hooker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2013, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2013 09:24 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Featuring Outwitters as App of the Week should help a lot
But it might not. Being featured in the App Store's Best of 2012 apparently didn't help