Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
04-08-2013, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 04:24 PM by Jaxxin....)
OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
Personally, I find it shocking that OML thinks there is more future in tilt to live than Outwitters, or that they can abandon Outwitters at all, with the implication that they think they can make a better game/bigger hit than Outwitters. Maybe they will, but how likely is it that a two man shop will happen to make something even better than this masterpiece of a game??? I may be wrong, but think they have something in Outwitters that will likely never be outdone, and they should run with it. Am I overlooking something?

Master League Top 100 1v1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: OML banking on TTL rather than Outwitters???
The initial release didn't go well so set the tone for the rest of the year really. They expected 3m downloads and they got 0.5m, which was a massive difference. They had max advertising too in the Apple store. Improving the game only improves it for the 10,000 people or so playing it and doesn't advertise to non-players, so I can see why they have done this. After all, TTL1 was a well recognised hit so players of that can download TTL2 knowing what it's precessor was like. Mainly because of what the name is attached to (there are probably plenty of TTL players who have never heard of outwitters)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
04-08-2013, 06:57 PM
I totally agree TTL isnt even half as fun as outwitters. But in the end its not really up to us is it?

1v1Gifted League
2v2 Master League
GC name ghostofwitts
04-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Im glad they made TTL first. I found out about outwitters by exploring what other cool games they made.

Most people play on their iDevices casually to pass time or for whatever reason. TTL fits in the category of casual and fun, whilst outwitters is fun, it isn't when you play for prestige, rank and require internet connection while waiting for opponents to make their turn. Outwitters need dedication and brainpower in order for it to be enjoyable and fun, by utilising different strategies.
04-08-2013, 11:49 PM
I think TTL has broader appeal, therefore they will make more money off of it than Outwitters.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
04-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Actually if you saw the numbers, you'd be wondering why we stuck with Outwitters so long. We love both our babies equally, but there's really no comparison business-wise. That's not to say I'm not intrigued by the idea of an Outwitters 2 (where we use what we learned about monetization), but this is the best move for us right now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 03:09 AM
I agree with Adam.

Remember, they are not abandoning Outwitters. They are shifting their content production efforts onto a new project. You can still play Outwitters, and they have stated that they are going to continue releasing bug fixes and handling administrative things, such as Seasons, Top 200 Lists, etc. It's just doesn't make good business sense to divide their production efforts between two games when they are only two people. If they want TTL2 to succeed (as we all should!), then they really need to focus all their creative energy on it.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Maybe if we all buy TTL2 the will make an outwitters 2 Big Grin

1v1Gifted League
2v2 Master League
GC name ghostofwitts
04-09-2013, 03:38 PM
definitely looking forward to TTL2, was addicted to TTL for a while
04-12-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm guessing ttl is also cheaper in that Oml doesn't need to host servers or anything like that. It's also a quick fix while outwitters needs you to think a little, which a majority of the population is incapable of Wink

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?