Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad scoring?
04-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Bad scoring?
I continually get paired up mostly with people in Master although Ive been stuck in gifted for a while. I don't seem to get many points for winning and it doesn't seem anywhere near proportionally correct with how much I lose.

I just finished these 2 games against jeeheezey who's ranked pretty high (#8) in master.... I only get 14 for winning and he gets 12 when I lose??? This is completely DIS-incentivizing for me to try to climb the ranks when I can barely move up when beating higher ranked players. What gives??

Win-
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6fGnAww

Loss-:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yi5mjAww

http://soundcloud.com/jt_hooker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 06:27 AM
RE: Bad scoring?
Whats wrong? You got more points for beating a Master than him beating a Gifted. It makes sense.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2013, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 06:43 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
The points lost/earned are based on the number of points ONLY. I remember that, at the period I came from Master to ST, I won more point when I was in titan against master than when I was in masters against titan. Why? Cuz I lost a lot of points for being promoted Smile

Here that means your opponent has a bit more points than you! Points and ranking have seriously neither meaning, just keep winning and you'll get into masters Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
04-07-2013, 06:42 AM
2 points doesn't seem like much of a difference at all to me...esp for someone ranked so high in the next higher league.

04-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Well, you're playing against masters which means that you're close to being promoted. Since the new season starts next Wednesday, it's possible that after your initial placement game, you'll be placed into the Master's league!

04-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Question for the placement game... Does it start with a new game, or it places you with the first game you end when the new season starts ( existing game)?
04-07-2013, 07:51 AM
First game to finish after the season starts

04-07-2013, 12:27 PM
So I guess if I were about to lose i better lose now, if I were going to win, wait till the new season starts to win to put me in a better placement Tongue

But somehow I really feels the games gets so much harder when I am playing with higher league players...so much thinking and planning Tongue

Thanks lawtai
04-07-2013, 06:26 PM
(04-07-2013 12:27 PM)Norahsul Wrote:  So I guess if I were about to lose i better lose now, if I were going to win, wait till the new season starts to win to put me in a better placement Tongue

Win or lose it doesn't matter. Your hidden rating which determines which league (masters, supertitan etc.) you're in doesn't change from season to season. Unless you were already borderline promotion/demotion material you will be placed in the same league that you were in last season. I guess that OML introduced this season placement match in order to weed out inactive players so we don't have 100s of divisions with players on 0 points

Everything Changes
04-08-2013, 02:15 AM
I just got promoted! Funny that my promotion game was a loss against a gifted. Watch out super titans I'm coming for you!