Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
BEING CHEATED? - read this first!
04-11-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: BEING CHEATED? - read this first!
Mad praise to the Tru ElPared. Forever shall your User Name live and fly high as the banner of us overcoming these mean ol' hackers/exploiters. Adam/Alex should have this bugged/banned up soon. No worries guys! This is outwitters, the hackers just see their 'hacking' as actually out witting other users, or possibly the creators. Maybe someone knows someone IRL. I imagine it is just a lonely techie with quite a bit of time. I like this game a lot. But...not even close enough to bother with the mechanics of hacking or exploiting a bug. I thought it was a clever little strategy game that I could play in spare moments. I will continue to play this game and enter league games. I don't really care. I'll surrender to the hacker if I realize that he/she is hacking. Do we really care that much about rank right now? Let us just enjoy this game and when adam/alex restores the ranking system/eliminates the hackers, we will focus more on the ranking systems. It is easy for me to say this, as I am not a high rank at all. But! I feel like this is a good strategy.
Joseph
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 02:32 PM
My ID: Darkstar32
I caught a guy cheating. Here is the info for other honest players to be war of.

Gamecenter ID: Unwol
Caught cheating in 2v2 match. Here is a replay.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y6KieAww
04-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Any updates on the status of the cheating?
05-09-2013, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 12:39 AM by theoneheathbar.)
I need to report a cheater. My name is Heath and I go by 'theoneheathbar'. I just started a game this morning with Dund0o (or DundOo, can't tell if the second to last character is a zero or a capital 'o') on War Garden.

I had first turn so I of course started with just 5 wits. I spent those five on moving my medic, healing my heavy, moving my heavy to a wit marker, moving my soldier to a wit marker, and finally, buying a runner.

When I came back for turn 3, my 2nd turn, I was flabberghasted. I moved my runner up a few spaces to clear some of the fog of war and immediately knew I was dealing with a cheater.

I can see that Dund0o: moved his heavy to a wit marker (1 wit), moved his soldier to a wit marker (presumably, I can't see the soldier but I can see the other wit marker in the fog is now his color. 1 wit for 2 total now), a runner with 2 health not on spawn (1 wit to buy the runner, 1 to heal with a medic, 1 to move the runner. 3 wits, 5 total now), and the kicker, an armored up bombshell not on a spawn marker (7 wits to buy bombshell, 1 to move him, one more to armor him up for 9 wits. A total of 14 wits).

That's right. Dund0o used 14 wits on his very first turn, turn 2 of the overall game, when second turn player is only given 8 wits to start.

Clearly he is cheating, no question. How do I go about this now? The game is still active. In fact I haven't even made another move since moving up my runner and seeing what he did. I don't want to quit, because it's a league match and I consider myself a serious competitor. I'm Gifted League now but there was a time I was Master League and I'm trying to get back to that point. I'd hate to take a points hit because of a cheater. I've already sent copies of this to Adam/Alex, but I wanted as many eyes on this as possible so this cheater can get dealt with.

I'm sorry I can't send you a replay as the match is still in progress. As soon as the match is closed out in whatever capacity Adam/Alex decide I'll post a replay link.
Actually, I just quit so I could have replay link to prove. Here is everything:

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y1-S8Aww
05-10-2013, 12:42 AM
*UPDATE:

Apparently he knows he's cheating as well, he didn't accidentally stumble upon a glitch or anything. After I quit the game so I could get a replay for proof he promptly sent me this message:

'Hey if u don't report then I can show u how to do it. This is my first day I've tried this.'

Whether this is really the first time he's done this or not I really don't care. He's still cheating in a league match that cost me points/rank. But clearly he knows he's cheating and doesn't like that he was caught.
05-10-2013, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 01:11 AM by fil mjelk.)
i have a cheater for you, he spent 19 wits his first round and had 2 bombshells in play, 1 of them was transformed. when i attempt to watch replays it crashes before they are spawned, but if you skip round for round you can see it. his username is "Dund0o", i am writing this on my computer but im gonna try to print in the link sign for sign: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXROZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxllR2FtzVJvb2OYvtO_Aww
outwitters://viewgame?
id=ag5vdXR3aXROZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxllR2FtzVJvb2OYvtO_Aw
w
05-10-2013, 01:12 AM
How sad, I was hoping the cheaters had gone away for good. I'm bumping this to hopefully get you some visibility and the cheater banned.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
05-10-2013, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 01:18 AM by fil mjelk.)
ok i posted it via my phne somewhere else, sorry for the inconvenience Smile

its at the forumm called "enough bombshells i quit"
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvtO_Aww
Here it is, sorry once again XD
05-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Yeah, he did the same thing to me this morning as well. Same player doing the same trick on the same map even.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y1-S8Aww
05-10-2013, 02:24 AM
(05-10-2013 12:42 AM)theoneheathbar Wrote:  *UPDATE:

Apparently he knows he's cheating as well, he didn't accidentally stumble upon a glitch or anything. After I quit the game so I could get a replay for proof he promptly sent me this message:

'Hey if u don't report then I can show u how to do it. This is my first day I've tried this.'

Whether this is really the first time he's done this or not I really don't care. He's still cheating in a league match that cost me points/rank. But clearly he knows he's cheating and doesn't like that he was caught.

I played against that guy in a league match. Of course, I don't remember whether he cheated then or not (it was a long time ago, but I remember all my opponents GCIDs for some reason)

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;