Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Giving up so soon?
03-31-2013, 08:30 AM
RE: Giving up so soon?
(03-31-2013 05:33 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  I'm fine with no more teams. But I'm worried about maps.....

@CombatEx
They did say no more themed maps which means no more teams (which I fine with), but they also said NO MORE CONTENT. Content includes new maps involving feedback theme, scallywags theme, adorables theme, and veggienauts theme. I'm I right?

Yup. I took "no new content" out of that post too. I am not expecting new maps.

I know nothing about programming, but I really don't see why it's so difficult to add new maps and teams to this game. As far as maps go, many games have in game map editors where you can make and play a custom map. As far as the teams go everything is the same units wise except the special...

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2013, 08:36 AM
I think maps would be relatively simple to add. Adding new teams is more complex, have to code the new special, new sound effects, new theme music, and then of course worries about balance.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-31-2013, 12:19 PM
I hope by, "moving out of content production," they mean, "were gonna produce another hit game thats paid and has lots of in-app purchases so we can spend the extra money to add content to Outwitters."

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-31-2013, 01:25 PM
@connor34911. I like the veggies. Been tearin it up with them.

I'm sad that there won't be more content.

Everyone buy all of the IAPs. Make it profitable for OML, and they will give us more.

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
04-01-2013, 10:19 AM
I think the reality of the situation, unfortunately, is that the value of A&A's time is dramatically increased by working on a new project v. working on Outwitters content updates. If you could get paid $10/hour to make Outwitters updates or $20/hour to make coffee, chances are good you'd become a barista.

"How could u get 600 hundred points with 103 victories and playing that bad? The most annoying game i ever played..." - apapor13
04-01-2013, 11:23 AM
(04-01-2013 10:19 AM)The F-ing Man Wrote:  I think the reality of the situation, unfortunately, is that the value of A&A's time is dramatically increased by working on a new project v. working on Outwitters content updates. If you could get paid $10/hour to make Outwitters updates or $20/hour to make coffee, chances are good you'd become a barista.

Yeah..unfortunately the users of the game are suffering from the consequences of the uber pack. It's simple economics, there is no incentive to create a new team:

Right now, the uberpack is ridiculously cheap. However, the only revenue A&A get from creating a new game either comes from people buying the team individually, or buying the uberpack. So essentially the only new revenue is from new users. I have noticed the forum is still growing in size, so this makes me think that there are still new users downloading outwitters. I think combatex/codepenguin would have better info on this based on OSN stats. Combatex recently said that outwitters has said that there are 10,000 unique users that play this game per day. Lets just use 10k as an estimate for the number of players that would buy a new team. I realize this may not be true but there are also probably more than 10k people that play the game over a period of a week.

SO selling a team for 3$= 3x10,000= 30,000$

With the uberpack the incentive is basically 10,000 x 0= approx 0 dollars. NO INCENTIVE OT MAKE A NEW TEAM.

So the game has basically been killed by the dev's being too nice and trying to not overcharge, and to try to stick to their word with the uber pack.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
04-01-2013, 11:39 AM
OML can still do what they did with the 2nd gen maps: charge for them. Uber pack disappears and each team is bought individually, even those with the uber pack. Devoted players will pay for them regardless.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-01-2013, 06:18 PM
(04-01-2013 11:39 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  OML can still do what they did with the 2nd gen maps: charge for them. Uber pack disappears and each team is bought individually, even those with the uber pack. Devoted players will pay for them regardless.

I wouldn't.

04-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I would buy new races. The uber pack could be remade into a combo pack where the buyer gets to pick any 3 races. I would have really loved to choose the frosties or woken as playable races.
04-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Instead if not removing the Über Pack, price it at $100 because it's not meant to be sold anyways. But someone actually choses to buy it even though the 3 teams add up to less than $6 and OML will probably never release $100 in total teams, its a win-win.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…