Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-release Outwitters
07-09-2012, 08:59 AM
RE: Pre-release Outwitters
Release the kraken! *ahem* I mean stories!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I just thought it would be cool to have a chance to have like, a 'makings of Outwitters" or something. I'm the kind of person that loves, say, seeing concept art in other media and thinking 'wow, that's what that became', you know?
07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
(07-09-2012 07:59 AM)Harti Wrote:  Not sure if we're allowed to do so, frankly...

So I'll just shout out what had been mentioned on the blog far in the past:
- The plants team got delayed to get the app out asap
- Mobi used to catapult units over pits. That didn't seem too useful except in stalemate situations which, in fact, never occurred.
- Scrambler was enormously overpowered (a no-brainer, so to say).

Omgomgogmogmogmogmogmgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg the plant team!?!?!?!?!?!? You know it commin out when they say "delayed"!
07-09-2012, 11:09 AM
This stuff can all be found in their news section but thought I would just link it here.

[Image: newgame.jpg]
[Image: feedback-gases-naturals_BG.png]

PLANT TEAM! Definitely will play as them =) Can't wait to see what the special unit does.

"Quality Over Quantity

In order to release this game on time (and have more time for quality assurance), Alex and I have decided to pull our remaining, incomplete teams from the release version, to be worked on as updates down the line. That plant team you’ve been staring at on our banner the last few months: shelved for now. C’est la game design. The Adorables, Feedback, and Scallywags will be at your disposal on launch day, and then more teams and map themes and schemes and dreams will be added further downstream."
07-09-2012, 11:14 AM
(07-09-2012 11:09 AM)Szei Wrote:  PLANT TEAM! Definitely will play as them =) Can't wait to see what the special unit does.

well, the pictures kind of gave me an idea. Perhaps their special is a unit that can burrow and move/attack from underground? I mean, plants do belong in the ground. But I'm not sure if it's healthy for them to burrow into the adorables' maps.....
07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
I love how the Feedback's soldier stayed just about the same from even then. That one pic with it hissing the gas is from almost the start of development.
07-09-2012, 01:45 PM
(07-09-2012 01:35 PM)mkaen Wrote:  
Quote:...and then more teams and map themes and schemes and dreams will be added further downstream.
Was there ever a dev team with more panache than these two?!

Love it.

Also, why was the Feedback's special unit so OP in beta?

Maybe when they mind controlled a unit, it stayed at the same hp.
07-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Beta was very buggy, but i cannot complain, i signed up for it.
I got to the point of following facebook, twitter and blog daily, and i thought"sign up for beta, itll be buggy, but i can see the art work".
It wouldnt install updates, it was unplayable for months, purchase a bombshell and it the game would crash. But i got my name on the credits. I would send detailed reports about the times when i could start a match

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
(07-09-2012 01:45 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 01:35 PM)mkaen Wrote:  
Quote:...and then more teams and map themes and schemes and dreams will be added further downstream.
Was there ever a dev team with more panache than these two?!

Love it.

Also, why was the Feedback's special unit so OP in beta?

Maybe when they mind controlled a unit, it stayed at the same hp.

Exactly that. Brainwashing a buffed Heavy was often times the moment where the other player wanted to shoot himself/herself. Also, with the Scrambler having a movement range of 3, it was quite difficult to get units in place to destroy it - if you didn't destroy it, it just kept brainwashing your units further decreasing your odds of killing it.

One very late 'experiment' in beta was to reduce the standard Wits/round from 5 to 3 and add 2 Wit Spaces to every map - and yes, that meant 4 Wit spaces per side on the bigger maps. It turned the game into a turf war which was oftentimes won 15 moves before it actually was over due to the shift in Wits per player.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 05:01 PM
When i played in passandplay, i would usually ask for the said person not to us the feedback special because it was so overpowered.
Because the updates did not work often, i was shocked at the quality of the realesed game, i was awed at how good it was

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]