Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Outwitters Future?
03-30-2013, 11:24 AM
RE: Outwitters Future?
I wasn't thinking about some sort of Game Center, but having this on Android would mean bigger player base == bigger possibilities to get money / fame from.

Compare iTunes Gift Cards to major AAA games tournaments' prizes.
Now, even with donations or kickstarer, I think it might be able, within this community, to collect some money for the prizes, like #1 = 500$, #2 = 300$ or whatever. Ain't that much of money afterall and it *MIGHT* help in popularizing the game.

I just can't understand why no-brainers like Hero Academy went better than this XXI age chess game...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 01:06 PM by poweewee.)
I guess that just figures since they already announced that they would be working on TTL2.

I would have loved to see those new teams though (personally, I liked the wah-kapooie). What if these teams were offered to players for a price (not part of the uber pack), and we would be able to play them only on friendlies? I would certainly be interested to at least try these teams out.
03-30-2013, 01:16 PM
(03-30-2013 01:05 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I guess that just figures since they already announced that they would be working on TTL2.

I would have loved to see those new teams though (personally, I liked the wah-kapooie). What if these teams were offered to players for a price (not part of the uber pack), and we would be able to play them only on friendlies? I would certainly be interested to at least try these teams out.
I agree. It would be nice to see them, but there are a few complications involving actual production.

From what I understand, these were just mock-ups of potential teams. They would have to redesign them for the game, animate them, and then code them into the game. That is a lot of work when you are trying to produce a big game.

Sometimes I wish I was a rich game developer and I would just say "I'd help you! And you don't have to pay me." But sadly, neither the rich part, or the developer part is true.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-30-2013, 01:20 PM
(03-30-2013 01:16 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  
(03-30-2013 01:05 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I guess that just figures since they already announced that they would be working on TTL2.

I agree. It would be nice to see them, but there are a few complications involving actual production.

From what I understand, these were just mock-ups of potential teams. They would have to redesign them for the game, animate them, and then code them into the game. That is a lot of work when you are trying to produce a big game.

Sometimes I wish I was a rich game developer and I would just say "I'd help you! And you don't have to pay me." But sadly, neither the rich part, or the developer part is true.
Lottery tickets!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Contest: who can make the best music, maps, animations, and sound effects. One will win for each team.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-30-2013, 01:46 PM
(03-30-2013 01:16 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  From what I understand, these were just mock-ups of potential teams. They would have to redesign them for the game, animate them, and then code them into the game. That is a lot of work when you are trying to produce a big game.

Then again, I think a lot of players would be willing to pay for these teams. At a few dollars per team, it could be worth it. Smile
03-30-2013, 02:21 PM
(03-30-2013 01:46 PM)poweewee Wrote:  
(03-30-2013 01:16 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  From what I understand, these were just mock-ups of potential teams. They would have to redesign them for the game, animate them, and then code them into the game. That is a lot of work when you are trying to produce a big game.

Then again, I think a lot of players would be willing to pay for these teams. At a few dollars per team, it could be worth it. Smile

Actually, I would disagree. The reason they didn't release these teams was because new players weren't joining as often. This means even fewer players would buy new team packs.
In addition, most players that would buy these new teams would have the uber pack already, automatically giving them these teams, so for this reason, there would probably be a loss in revenue and a headache for them for listening to... Ah, perhaps some balancing issues.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
03-30-2013, 02:28 PM
I meant offering these teams for a few dollars even for those with the uber pack.

I don't really know how many outwitters players are that active, but I assume most of the really active players would be willing to pay for these teams; even just as support for OML.
03-30-2013, 02:33 PM
(03-30-2013 02:28 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I meant offering these teams for a few dollars even for those with the uber pack.

I don't really know how many outwitters players are that active, but I assume most of the really active players would be willing to pay for these teams; even just as support for OML.

Well, perhaps combining those ideas, they could send a message to those with uber packs asking if they want to donate as well along with the release of these new team packs. I think that would be great. However, forcing a buy would be backing from their promise of releasing all new teams for free for those with uber packs.
And from what I notice from my match playing, most of the gifted players play at least once a day.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
03-30-2013, 10:21 PM
(03-30-2013 01:46 PM)poweewee Wrote:  

Most certainly, I would be one of them. The only question is if that would offset the cost of actually making them.

GC: TheGreatAnt