Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Outwitters Future?
03-30-2013, 03:49 AM
RE: Outwitters Future?
Maybe no more content for current Outwitters, but there might be an Outwitters 2 on the horizon. They can correct monetary mistakes at that point (i.e. no uber-pack).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 04:24 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
I dont think the Über-pack was the problem. If someone shells out that amount of money he has paid far more than most games cost in the store. The problem were the free riders. Particularly as OML decided just to produce the minimum content necessary to make the Über-pack a deal worth it.

I am not complaining about the pricing here, the game is absolutely worth the money the Über-pack costs and i paid for more stuff in game just to support Adam and Alex and to help them break even. However when I made those purchases I was of the impression that there was a longer term commitment to further develop and advance the game.

If an outwitters 2 came out, splitting the community up .... This is not angry birds..... I don't think this would work and i don't think this would live up to the ambition of OML in the beginning.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
03-30-2013, 04:35 AM
OML is not releasing an all out game, meaning time consuming and lots of money, like outwitters any time soon. I guarantee it.
03-30-2013, 04:43 AM
Why don't OML end the 2013 sale already? Its almost April.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah this sucks. Game is less than a year old too...

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-30-2013, 09:53 AM
I guess I'm alone in this, but I think this is great news. I'm glad that we will only have 4 teams for ranked play and that Alex and Adam will continue looking at adjustments for the 4 existing teams. This is the best news from a balance standpoint. I don't understand why so many of you are talking as though the game is dead with comments like "it's only been a year!". It's not like the servers are going offline and any remaining bugs won't be addressed. There simply won't be any new teams and corresponding new themes for maps. I could be wrong, but they never said that there wouldn't be new maps. I think people are reading too much into the news post and blowing it way out of proportion.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-30-2013, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 09:59 AM by GoHeat 3.)
^You are correct. They didn't say there wouldn't be new maps.Smile
But, I think if they were going to announce this they shouldn't have showed off the concept races. That's where I think people got a little frustrated.
Also, I think the reason I got so upset is because I don't want the Outwitters part of this forum to go dark. I love this place hahaSmile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-30-2013, 11:14 AM
OML could just change Bramble and the Outwitters forum will get revived. But Poppycock is getting darker and darker. I just talk to myself there.

03-30-2013, 11:17 AM
What would help this game, financial way, would be, in my opinion:
1. Open up to Android market.
2. Open up to www market.
3. Setup a subscription fee.
4. Major tournament with money involved just to get to the press.
5. Raise the base price and give all the playable content (not avatars/skins) freely.
6. Kickstarter/donations.
7. Allow the community to upgrade the game (fork the code, make new maps/teams/fixes, merge after Adam/Alex approval, release).

Sad news.
03-30-2013, 11:20 AM
There is no Game Center in Android.
The Winter World Cup is rewarding iTunes Gift Cards to winners.
Idk why the limited time 2013 sale is still going on.