Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Team Match
03-29-2013, 03:39 AM
RE: Community Team Match
I'm still not sure whether I wanna join...

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2013, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 03:45 AM by baopu.)

Perhaps rather than USA vs Non-USA (since that is a very American-centric perspective), we should call this East vs West, where East includes North America and South America, and West includes Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
[/quote]

I don't want to question your geography, Great Gonzo, but it is commonly accepted that you are backwards in regards to East and West Tongue

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
03-29-2013, 03:44 AM
IMO, the best idea is to do 4 teams (East USA, West USA, Europe and Asia) and to do a little tourney. I think I will participate to these matchs only if they are 4 teams because I'm always a Gifted player (even if I'm first atm) and I don't want to take the place of someone who's better than me.
03-29-2013, 03:50 AM
Also, would you be looking to separate between current locale or nationality? For example, I've spent most of the past 6 years in china but I'm a United Statesian. Awpertunity is listed as being in Japan but judging from his humor and command of English I'd bet he too hails from the US of A.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
03-29-2013, 03:54 AM
(03-29-2013 03:43 AM)baopu Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 03:24 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  

Perhaps rather than USA vs Non-USA (since that is a very American-centric perspective), we should call this East vs West, where East includes North America and South America, and West includes Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa.

I don't want to question your geography, Great Gonzo, but it is commonly accepted that you are backwards in regards to East and West Tongue
[/quote]

West= Europe, America

East= Asia, Australia etc

I don't know where Africa falls.

I've always looked at it as more of a cultural thing rather than am actual geography thing. It probably came about during the Greek/roman/middle ages. For instance trade routes would put china/Asia to the east and Europe to the west. Another example would be Alexander the Great going east to take over parts of Asia/India etc.

The obviously when America was discovered it was west to Europe. Now it more so refers to alliances and cultural differences.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-29-2013, 03:54 AM
(03-29-2013 03:43 AM)baopu Wrote:  
(03-29-2013 03:24 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  

[/quote]

Oh. Right. Tongue

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-29-2013, 03:59 AM
I would absolutely LOVE the 2 teams pitted against each other deal, it seems like that would not only be easier than 4 teams to organise, it would also take much less time for rounds to take place (no waiting for other team if game quickly finishes) and just debating with 100+ people about one move or what tactic to do seems really fun Tongue

Also I had in mind each team consisting of about 50-100 players, that way every possible situation could be suggested and we would probably have a mistakeless game Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-29-2013, 04:32 AM
I agree with 2 teams. So I guess the decision, if this is for real, SHOULD be:
Asia and Europe vs The Americas (USA, Canada, and Mexico, etc.)

The majority of the America's would be USA alongside some Canadians. I think that's a good split.
03-29-2013, 04:37 AM
(03-29-2013 03:20 AM)Erenan Wrote:  How about poweewee vs. everyone else? Tongue

I think I'll sit this one out though. Mostly I'd just defer to stronger players anyway.

Deal. I'd take Alvendor any day of the week!Tongue
Sounds awesome btw!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-29-2013, 04:42 AM
(03-29-2013 04:32 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  I agree with 2 teams. So I guess the decision, if this is for real, SHOULD be:
Asia and Europe vs The Americas (USA, Canada, and Mexico, etc.)

The majority of the America's would be USA alongside some Canadians. I think that's a good split.

Yes, I agree.

So, if this is going to happen, we should first establish who is going to be the "team captain". I volunteer to be the captain for the Americas. We need a volunteer from Europe/Asia.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.