Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Team Match
04-01-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: Community Team Match
(04-01-2013 12:29 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Ok I'm talking to Adam about setting up forums for this. Are there any further nominations for maps? When I create the thread for signups, I will also include a poll to decide which map we should play on. Right now, it seems like the top choices are:

Thorn Gulley
Sweetie Plains
Long Nine

Let me know if you think I should include others in the poll.

As mentioned earlier, I'm guessing some people are getting fairly close to optimal play on sweetie plains so that could be a bit of a problem.

Just throwing it out there: we could do it with one of the top ranked maps from the map editor. Would require one (honest) person with complete knowledge of the game state...

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
A map from OMC?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-01-2013, 09:28 PM
(04-01-2013 09:25 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  A map from OMC?

Yeah, most maps in the popular tab with more than 10 votes are pretty good!

Soldier spam FTW
04-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks Adam!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
04-01-2013, 11:35 PM
That would definitely be interesting to play out a game on one of the custom maps.

04-01-2013, 11:50 PM
(04-01-2013 08:48 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Just throwing it out there: we could do it with one of the top ranked maps from the map editor. Would require one (honest) person with complete knowledge of the game state...

Hmm. Problem is, as you suggest, at least one person has to have complete knowledge of the game, and that person therefore would not be allowed to participate. The logical person is me, and I want to participate! Smile Would also be hard to deal with fog of war. Consider, for example, you have a unit blocking vision, the unit moves, revealing a scrambler, and then you replace the unit with another, blocking vision of the scrambler again. We would therefore have to provide multiple screen captures of the game... Though, I suppose this is the case regardless.

Anyway, I think it's a cool idea, I'd love to play on one of the OMC maps. Just concerned about logistics.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
04-01-2013, 11:56 PM
I have no idea how simple this would be, but doesn't Code Penguin essentially have all this info for OSN? I wonder if it'd be possible to create a static version where it would figure out all the FoW stuff and attack parameters.

04-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Adam has offered to promote this in an in-app news update. What do we think? I was thinking this would be a community-only thing. Should we advertise this and see if we get any outside participants?

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
04-02-2013, 12:08 AM
(04-01-2013 11:50 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 08:48 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Just throwing it out there: we could do it with one of the top ranked maps from the map editor. Would require one (honest) person with complete knowledge of the game state...

Hmm. Problem is, as you suggest, at least one person has to have complete knowledge of the game, and that person therefore would not be allowed to participate. The logical person is me, and I want to participate! Smile Would also be hard to deal with fog of war. Consider, for example, you have a unit blocking vision, the unit moves, revealing a scrambler, and then you replace the unit with another, blocking vision of the scrambler again. We would therefore have to provide multiple screen captures of the game... Though, I suppose this is the case regardless.

Anyway, I think it's a cool idea, I'd love to play on one of the OMC maps. Just concerned about logistics.

One honest person here Angel

(04-01-2013 11:57 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Adam has offered to promote this in an in-app news update. What do we think? I was thinking this would be a community-only thing. Should we advertise this and see if we get any outside participants?

I'd say no. ~10 participants per team seems enough to me.

04-02-2013, 12:12 AM
I think it would be better to keep it a community-only thing.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan