Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Team Match
04-02-2013, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 12:21 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Community Team Match
(04-02-2013 12:08 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  One honest person here Angel

You'd be willing to do it Gfich? I dunno, I'm concerned about the complexity of doing this. We would have to keep track of unit hp... That alone will make screen shots of the game non-intuitive. And for each turn you would have to take our moves step by step, to see what is revealed by our vision.

For example, suppose Team America puts a move together, the 1st and 2nd moves being to spawn a runner and move the runner. Suppose moving the runner reveals an enemy unit. We would have to wait to hear from you whether there is an enemy in the fog of war after spawning the runner, then proceed, and then wait to hear from you whether there is a unit in the fog of war after moving the runner, then proceed, etc... This would just slow things down and make the game pretty complicated to run....

On the other hand, we would be able to take more than 4 days for each turn. So that's good. Though, I was kind of looking forward to the 4 day limit, will keep the game moving at a brisk pace and participation up.

Anyway, as you can see the forums are ready, so I'm ready to do signups. But, we should decide if we want to do an OMC map or an in-game map, first. Thoughts?

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 12:26 AM
In-game for sure. Why do the more complicated way when in-game is so much easier?

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
04-02-2013, 12:26 AM
(04-02-2013 12:20 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 12:08 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  One honest person here Angel

You'd be willing to do it Gfich? I dunno, I'm concerned about the complexity of doing this. We would have to keep track of unit hp... That alone will make screen shots of the game non-intuitive. And for each turn you would have to take our moves step by step, to see what is revealed by our vision.

For example, suppose Team America puts a move together, the 1st and 2nd moves being to spawn a runner and move the runner. Suppose moving the runner reveals an enemy unit. We would have to wait to hear from you whether there is an enemy in the fog of war after spawning the runner, then proceed, and then wait to hear from you whether there is a unit in the fog of war after moving the runner, then proceed, etc... This would just slow things down and make the game pretty complicated to run....

On the other hand, we would be able to take more than 4 days for each turn. So that's good. Though, I was kind of looking forward to the 4 day limit, will keep the game moving at a brisk pace and participation up.

Anyway, as you can see the forums are ready, so I'm ready to do signups. But, we should decide if we want to do an OMC map or an in-game map, first. Thoughts?

I'd say an in-game map. Perhaps Skullduggery or Peekaboo. An OMC map would be too complicated to manage.

But then there's the matchup factor too. I don't want to see SvA. I think SvF or AvF would be the most interesting to play.

04-02-2013, 12:32 AM
(04-02-2013 12:26 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  But then there's the matchup factor too. I don't want to see SvA. I think SvF or AvF would be the most interesting to play.

I was going to let each team pick their team. Seems likely we'll get AvA, but I agree it would be more interesting to get a cool matchup like AvF. Just, hopefully no brambles! Tongue

04-02-2013, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 12:40 AM by Alvendor.)
Yeah OMC map would definately make things more complicated. Maybe something to try later on if this one turns out well
(04-02-2013 12:32 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 12:26 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  But then there's the matchup factor too. I don't want to see SvA. I think SvF or AvF would be the most interesting to play.

I was going to let each team pick their team. Seems likely we'll get AvA, but I agree it would be more interesting to get a cool matchup like AvF. Just, hopefully no brambles! Tongue

FvF creates a lot of fun mind games!

Soldier spam FTW
04-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Hey!

Bright Idea! We could use someone's alt account or create a new account. So, if someone starts and realizes it's too much work. They can sign out and pass the torch to another person.

Another thought, this one is just out there, I think you might be able to sign into GC in more then one device at the same time. Maybe we could all get on and view at the same time?

Also, I'm interested in this, but I'm not reading or doing anything productive until today is over.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
04-02-2013, 12:43 AM
I see the forums are made. when do we get the password?

Ideally this matchup would be 4 games: each team gets to pick the map 2x and each team has to play with each race once.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
04-02-2013, 12:48 AM
(04-02-2013 12:37 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Yeah OMC map would definately make things more complicated. Maybe something to try later on if this one turns out well
(04-02-2013 12:32 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  

FvF creates a lot of fun mind games!

And it makes Sweetie Plains a more interesting map, doesn't it?
04-02-2013, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 12:52 AM by GreatGonzales.)
(04-02-2013 12:43 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  I see the forums are made. when do we get the password?

Please stand by, I am writing the signups thread now.
Would also like to hear everyone's thoughts on determining FTA. We could assign it randomly with relative ease. Another option is to run 2 games simultaneously on the same map, like in the Winter World Cup. However, I am reluctant to run more than 1 game at a time since this is our first time doing this.

04-02-2013, 01:15 AM
(04-02-2013 12:50 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Would also like to hear everyone's thoughts on determining FTA. We could assign it randomly with relative ease. Another option is to run 2 games simultaneously on the same map, like in the Winter World Cup. However, I am reluctant to run more than 1 game at a time since this is our first time doing this.

Have 4 sequence matches on 2 maps. Each with being P1 on each map.

GC: TheGreatAnt