Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post your Special Unit balancing ideas here
03-30-2013, 08:23 AM
RE: post your Special Unit balancing ideas here
(03-30-2013 06:47 AM)[-bmoh-] Wrote:  Well, given that there are no new teams being supported for the game, why not do a complete remake of the teams that already exist? Maybe this idea is a little "out there", but this is what I was thinking.

When I started playing the game, I saw a couple of different features in it that needed to be managed in order to compete against other players. In other words, a player that effectively increases or reduces these aspects of the game become a better player than their opponents
They are as follows:
Visibility (Fog of War)
Resource (Wits)
Health/Attack (On creatures)
Base Health
Mobility

Then, when gaining a better understanding of the game, I found that the "Big Four" (aka Scrambler, Mobii, Bramble, and Bombshell) had some really odd, albeit fun, effects that didnt seem to match the game's flavor at all.

The specials current abilities all match the games "flavour". First off you forgot one massive aspect: Unit count.
Now to explain the specials and how the effect the flavours:

Mobi. Effects mobility already but teleporting, but more importantly resources. He can move a sniper to a position that would have cost over 10 resources to get to in the cost of one. Place a mobi near enemy wit location and you harass him more wit efficiently then he can defend it. Currently the main strategy mobi players have devolped though is to Hit + run. This effects the unit count. But hitting and running successfully the the user gains +2 units (1 from killing and 1 from not losing the unit he would have lost if he did not teleport back).

Scramber. Effects simply unit count and resource. He does so by increasing you unit by one and decreasing your opponents by 1, giving you a two unit advantage. The effect on resource comes from having a unit appear in a position that is now in the battle, saving you all those wits to move the unit into that position.

Bombshell. Has the most damage in the game, thus effecting the overall damage you can do. In addition he has the second most health of all units. So he mainly effects health/attack. However his splash allows him to also effect wit resource by killing two units, you gain +1 wit.

Bramble, in my opinion the most interesting of them all.
First the original Bramble: The goal of this bramble was to manipulate your opponents wit. Since you gained now wit on killing a vine, this gave bramble the highest ability to gain a wit advantage over you opponent. Consider taking a wit point with a vine, it cost 1 wit to move to the position to attack the vine, 1 wit to attack the vine, 1 wit lost from losing the wit point, 1 wit to move a unit to take the wit point back. 4 wits lost. That's a lot. Sadly though this bramble did not stand a chance against any bs, and he was to difficult to use correctly.

The current bramble. A bad attempt at balance the previously unbalanced versions of bramble.

(03-29-2013 02:48 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  ...
Alvendor made a proposition a few months back but it didn't seem to really take off. I believe it was removing the ability for the mobi to teleport units which had already moved. This would definitely help, but it would also removing a lot of the strategic potential of the mobi. Anyone have any ideas?

I have thought of this idea before. Anything thing you could do is not allow mobi to teleport anyone who has attacked.
The goal of these nerf would be simply to get rid of mobi's ability to gain a easy unit advantage (as I described above).

For bramble: If he is going to have 2hp for a vine, (as many have suggested) they have to take away the wit gained from killing a vine.
Any idea that has been suggested a long time ago, was not let vines attack, no wit on kill of vine, but to counter shells, vines gain +1hp (maxed at 2) a turn. (Obviously they would still have 2hp when spawned).
Although I like the first idea for bramble more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: post your Special Unit balancing ideas here - game_taker - 03-30-2013 08:23 AM