Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to get a 100% win record in random 2v2
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: How to get a 100% win record in random 2v2
But does the game remember if you took the placement match? I mean like if you invite the player you will lose 2 placement matches. If you get paired with him a month later, you will lose 2 more. If it happens again with the same player 2 months later and lose 2 times again, will the game remember the 4 previous matches and put you in fluffy with that player?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
ONEobesePOPTART is awesome!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
04-16-2013, 02:29 PM
(04-16-2013 10:57 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  But does the game remember if you took the placement match? I mean like if you invite the player you will lose 2 placement matches. If you get paired with him a month later, you will lose 2 more. If it happens again with the same player 2 months later and lose 2 times again, will the game remember the 4 previous matches and put you in fluffy with that player?

probably, but what are the odds of that happening, especially with someone who times out?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks Phyresis and ElPared. I may edit the OP and put an abbreviated version at the top and then people can read on if they wish. I didn't originally intend for it to be soooooo long but I had been preparing my "hooray, I got promoted from fluffy" thread over several weeks but when I realised that Clever was no better it sort of exploded Smile

Everything Changes
04-17-2013, 04:51 AM
Getting out if fluffy is imo still a big accomplishment, seeing as it shows that you are improving.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-17-2013, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 12:18 PM by baopu.)
(04-15-2013 11:58 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I disagree, I'm in gifted now and my battles are pretty interesting, you guys would be surprised to see how some players who are ranked gifted in 1v1 can make great cooperative moves Smile

Why would we be surprised? Gifted is where all the cool people are.
ONEobesePOPTART, I love you. The standing on your partner's spawn spots strategy made me laugh so hard I cried.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
04-17-2013, 08:32 PM
(04-16-2013 10:57 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  But does the game remember if you took the placement match? I mean like if you invite the player you will lose 2 placement matches. If you get paired with him a month later, you will lose 2 more. If it happens again with the same player 2 months later and lose 2 times again, will the game remember the 4 previous matches and put you in fluffy with that player?

After the initial "invite", in order to avoid a loss (so 2 games played so far), you would only have to play one game with that same partner if they were matched with you randomly at a later date, you don't have to invite them again Wink. You would need another 2 random matchings before you hit the magic number of 5 - unlikely methinks. And even if you did......?

(04-15-2013 11:42 PM)Gavin Wins Wrote:  
(04-15-2013 11:25 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  The true skill of 2v2 random is the ability to prevent yourself from bashing your head in with a rock

Agreed. 2v2 random is trash. I played three random 2v2 games probably a year ago, and that was it. Two of the games resulted in my partner timing out, and the other resulted in one of our opponents timing out. Never again. What an abortion.

And this is one of the reasons I posted. While I know that 1v1, matched pair 2v2, tournaments etc. are the mainstay for many top players. I for one quite enjoy random matches, admittedly I still view them as a bit of light relief, but my interest would be greatly enhanced if there was a greater chance of being paired with a great player. And if it's possible, utilising this "invite" system, to avoid fluffy and clever altogether by employing it during your 5 r2v2 placement matches then happy days. I get the feeling this plea may fall on deaf ears but it's worth a shot.

Hopefully see you on the battlefield guys.....maybe.

Unless you're a fat, toastable breakfast snack Big Grin

Everything Changes
04-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Clever isn't that bad. Believe me, I've been stuck there for a lifetime now, and yeah.

04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
(04-17-2013 08:32 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  Hopefully see you on the battlefield guys.....maybe.

Best thing I've heard all day.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
04-19-2013, 12:21 AM
(04-17-2013 08:32 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  
(04-15-2013 11:42 PM)Gavin Wins Wrote:  
(04-15-2013 11:25 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  The true skill of 2v2 random is the ability to prevent yourself from bashing your head in with a rock

Agreed. 2v2 random is trash. I played three random 2v2 games probably a year ago, and that was it. Two of the games resulted in my partner timing out, and the other resulted in one of our opponents timing out. Never again. What an abortion.

And this is one of the reasons I posted. While I know that 1v1, matched pair 2v2, tournaments etc. are the mainstay for many top players. I for one quite enjoy random matches, admittedly I still view them as a bit of light relief, but my interest would be greatly enhanced if there was a greater chance of being paired with a great player. And if it's possible, utilising this "invite" system, to avoid fluffy and clever altogether by employing it during your 5 r2v2 placement matches then happy days. I get the feeling this plea may fall on deaf ears but it's worth a shot.

Hopefully see you on the battlefield guys.....maybe.

I see your point and yeah the more great players that play it the better it would be for everybody. But 2v2 games take really long to complete and I imagine it takes way longer to advance in 2v2 random as you will loose some of the games. Many people are probably not ready for that time commitment.

Soldier spam FTW