Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Touhou Maniacs
03-24-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: Touhou Maniacs
Phoenix HD is quite good too but as necrocat says it uses an IAP model that I dislike. It's still fun though as long as I don't care about my score too much compared to other people (since I don't pay for any powerups). If you're just competing with yourself though it's great!

It's a very different kind of game than a lot of BH shooters though which has pros and cons. The level has different enemies every time and the large enemies have weapon slots that are randomized so you can get some pretty unexpected bullet patterns. On the negative side it's all just one level and you don't have any boss fights. Instead it's like fighting mini-bosses over and over. The graphics are nice too, especially the weapons, but the enemy ships don't have much variation in appearance (all the same color scheme). All in all a good game but it seems like it would get a bit repetitive after a while unless you buy some of the other ship types. I'll probably just go for the rank 1 in my city achievement and then go back to Danmaku.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2013, 06:29 PM
It does get difficult pretty fast though and new enemy weapons get introduced now and then; usually between the 800,000-1,200,000 score barrier the difficulty gets notches up quite a bit and I've only managed to cosistabtly survive past that a few times.

Also regarding Boosts the coins you earn should be enough to pay off the 40% extra power ups which is pretty neat Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-26-2013, 03:02 AM
Yea. Right now I just get the 2x coin drops every time because I always hoard money in games. I usually die at a little over 1 mil now. There are a lot of enemy "types", but they're all pretty much the same just with more or less weapons slots. The different weapon combinations is pretty cool, but there are also a limited number of those which I've seen so far. In other words, you get unique patterns based on the combinations the RNG throws at you which is nice, but the building blocks for the bullet patterns are reused often. It's still fun so far but I still feel like it's a game I'll only play every once in a while instead of frequently lest it overstay its welcome.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah that's very true, I guess that's what comes with a survive as long as possible game and in the end it becomes very tense trying to stay alive just past 1 mil. A smaller but just as important part is the backgrounds; I love them! Each one is very different and its a great feeling progressing to the next one, even if it doesn't impact score

If you want verity I highly suggest touhou, I hear from Imperial he plays it too and the huge verity and massive difficulty curve make it worthwhile Smile Plus awesome music!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-28-2013, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the posts! I've d/l'd both games, so far both are awesome!

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
04-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Your not supposed to touch the plasma death circles right? That guy let a bunch go through him.

It looks like i would lose in the first 3 seconds if i played.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
05-04-2013, 07:51 AM
For the record, I love Phoenix HD now Tongue

[Image: image-4.jpg]

05-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Ur back necrocat Wink
05-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Nah... Just lingering Tongue

07-08-2013, 04:58 AM
RAAAAGEQUIIIIIIIT

[Image: image-7.jpg]

Nah but going to try again and again.... ueheheh ;_______;