Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous
05-17-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous
With Tilt to Live 1, the scores got so high that I always wondered if there was some exploit we just never found, or if they were hacked. But without any proof, it was like what's the point thinking about it? All my competition took place on my friends leaderboard anyway. Maybe savvy hackers hack because they have no friends.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2013, 12:03 AM
If someone really did get a billion gazillion points, and had a means of replicating it, it would be on youtube. Tellingly, we do not see this. Must be hax.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2013, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 09:03 AM by Kamikaze28.)
(05-17-2013 11:43 PM)oneadamleft Wrote:  With Tilt to Live 1, the scores got so high that I always wondered if there was some exploit we just never found, or if they were hacked. But without any proof, it was like what's the point thinking about it? All my competition took place on my friends leaderboard anyway. Maybe savvy hackers hack because they have no friends.

Drawing from games like Diablo III, one can deduce a very fundamental principle in this matter:

"Never trust the client."

The implementation of this principle (in the case of D3) is to have a very dumb client and do all the critical stuff on the server - which as we know requires a constant and low-latency internet connection and really tight server-maintenance which sounds like a really terrible idea for a casual arcade-style mobile game from a 2-man studio.
A weaker implementation would be to not allow the client to upload the calculated score but instead make it upload a record of a game and let a dedicated server simulate the game and calculate the score. This server would also have to check whether the records abide by the games rules and discard them if they don't. From a programming, debugging and maintaining standpoint this is a whole different bag of nightmares.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
05-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Now this should be very interesting...

[Image: boss.jpg]

Just imagine the kind of achievements you can do with bosses!

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
05-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Its an interesting concept for the type of game TTL is for sure. Not sure what the best way to implement it is.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
06-22-2013, 09:43 AM
I feel like ttl2 will be more or less an adventure game in a platform setting kind of like super smash bros with the boss battles and such

[Image: sig.png]
06-22-2013, 09:08 PM
(06-22-2013 09:43 AM)^=discipulus=^ Wrote:  I feel like ttl2 will be more or less an adventure game in a platform setting kind of like super smash bros with the boss battles and such

To me, the sentiment in your statement is ambiguous: do you mean this as a compliment in that you like the way it seems to be going or do you feel that Tilt to Live is straying from its tried and true roots?

06-24-2013, 07:42 AM
It was meant to be ambiguous. I have no take on it. It was just a statement

[Image: sig.png]
06-28-2013, 05:54 PM
If you want to relive your glory days from Tilt to Live, you can head over to the Torunament forum where the Tilt to Live Allstar Torunament is underway!

08-11-2013, 03:20 PM
(06-22-2013 09:43 AM)^=discipulus=^ Wrote:  I feel like ttl2 will be more or less an adventure game in a platform setting kind of like super smash bros with the boss battles and such

mostly a product of all the tidbits we have revealed so far. It's definitely not an adventure game. It's a good ole arcade game where highscore is king.

More news to come!

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan