Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Report
03-20-2013, 07:44 AM
RE: Big Report
(03-20-2013 07:43 AM)Panga Panga Wrote:  A hack is something you do to change the game, such as an external program, packet editing, or changing code.

An exploit is something entirely within the game, a bug that can be exploited to gain an advantage.

Lets say I want to steal your car stereo. If I use a crowbar to break your window and pry that sucker out, that's a hack. I changed the properties of the car in order to make it do something it wasn't designed to do - shattered window with a foreign object and forcefully removed the stereo. If you hide your key in the wheel well and your stereo on the seat and I find the key, then I can just use the key to open the door and take the stereo. This is a bug/exploit. I didn't change the properties of the car, I just found something that wasn't supposed to be there (bug) and used it to my advantage (exploit).
I stand corrected.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Is your device jailbroken? I heard that jailbreaking devices can affect apps on the device.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-20-2013, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 07:46 AM by Panga Panga.)
(03-20-2013 07:36 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 07:30 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 07:26 AM)Panga Panga Wrote:  I just don't want the people reading this forum to go out and start cheating their opponents. Invite me to a friendly and I'll demonstrate. Basically, it will be like I'm playing without the shroud, so I'll know what units you have and where they're located. This gives me a huge advantage.

Your at your game limit. Playing withou FoW! That's a hack dude!

post replays!

Because of the nature of the bug it wouldn't show on replays, the only thing I could do is record it with a camera, but then everyone would know how to do it. I've already reported it using the link in this thread, once it's fixed, I'll show how it's done.

(03-20-2013 07:45 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Is your device jailbroken? I heard that jailbreaking devices can affect apps on the device.

It is not jailbroken. My device, iOS, and game are all vanilla.
03-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Take a screenshot with the FoW missing then. That way, we can see the problem but it won't expose what you did.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-20-2013, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 05:07 PM by QuantumApocalypse.)
If he believes it is a major exploit, we don't need to grill it out of him Tongue Adam and Alex can probably decide whether or not it is from the report. Tongue
03-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Yes, thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from them, hopefully they get back to me either way.
03-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Poppycock

Live your life as more than plastic.
03-20-2013, 05:44 PM
(03-20-2013 05:30 PM)Panga Panga Wrote:  Yes, thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from them, hopefully they get back to me either way.

They are pretty busy, so you shouldn't expect a response to everything you send. But if the form says "sent" then they ought to have received it.
03-21-2013, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 02:51 AM by CombatEX.)
(03-20-2013 07:26 AM)Panga Panga Wrote:  I just don't want the people reading this forum to go out and start cheating their opponents. Invite me to a friendly and I'll demonstrate. Basically, it will be like I'm playing without the shroud, so I'll know what units you have and where they're located. This gives me a huge advantage.

I know this exploit or at least I have my suspicions regarding how it could be possible. It's not really a glitch and is intentional but OML expects people not to take advantage of it in good faith. If you're thinking about what I am then it's along the lines of intrusive DRM vs no DRM (it's not actually DRM, but the consequences are the same). OML could fix this but at the expense of legitimate players. In fact, if you are thinking of the same exploit I am, OML intentionally changed it to be this way because before players complained about a certain problem. This fixed the problem but introduced the exploit.

Also, you shouldn't expect any reward. Aren't you doing it to help and not for personal gain? =/

I know how to use the wit hack and reported it to Alex because I care about the integrity of the game. I didn't expect a T-Shirt =P I know that you probably don't really want anything in return, but just saying.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-21-2013, 07:34 AM
lol no man. I reported the bug already, I was messing about an award.