Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League Points System
03-20-2013, 12:15 PM
League Points System
I was just curious if there is a break-down of how league points are assigned? I did a quick search and nothing came up of relevance on the forum. Does anyone know how and what amount of points are awarded in what way?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: League Points System
No idea, but Nice Avatar!

GC: Great Wolf Sif
03-20-2013, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 12:18 PM by CombatEX.)
Very generally you gain more points when you beat better opponents (better is determined by a hidden skill rating which is independent of points). You lose more points when you lose to worse opponents.

I don't think anyone besides Alex and Adam (OML) know exactly how the points are awarded.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
03-20-2013, 12:24 PM
(03-20-2013 12:17 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Very generally you gain more points when you beat better opponents (better is determined by a hidden skill rating which is independent of points). You lose more points when you lose to worse opponents.
Hehe thanks for stating the obvious Wink Tongue I mean I knew this part, except for the hidden skill rating..

(03-20-2013 12:17 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  I don't think anyone besides Alex and Adam (OML) know exactly how the points are awarded.
This is more along the lines of what I was sort of looking for, in that only the creators know. I wish we could know mor about it.

Thanks for your input CombatEX! I hope my teasing doesn't offend!

And Thanks Wolf! I made it myself - er well edit it to look the way it does by myself Wink
03-23-2013, 01:13 AM
(03-20-2013 12:17 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Very generally you gain more points when you beat better opponents (better is determined by a hidden skill rating which is independent of points). You lose more points when you lose to worse opponents.

It looks like the amount of points you gain is somehow tied to the hidden skill rating, but I also noticed that you lose more points when you already have a lot of points. If I win against an opponent with 500 points, he loses more than when he has only 100 points.

Outwitters Allround Top 100 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...6aFE#gid=2
03-24-2013, 04:30 AM
It would be nice if a post about hidden ranking was stickies, when I first came on the forum I was like wtf as well. Actually, it would be cool if we had a list of terminology get stickied, I imagine it would be quite useful, especially as so,e of them are brought in from other games

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better