Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just venting...
03-19-2013, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 03:44 PM by Panga Panga.)
Just venting...
I love this game, I know I love it because I'm so passionate about it and I'm not usually passionate about games. So here's what bothers me about it.

Fundamental game changes in the midst of ongoing games
Outwitters is a game of rank and tiers, these are meaningful to the game. When you change the rules of the game, in the middle of the game, you cheapen the game. It's playing the made up card game with your five year old little sister, it has no rules, and she usually wins. You should let games already started run their course, and only implement the rule changes on newly started games. I not sure how hard this would be to make happen, or if its even possible, but it would be nice.

Mismatchmaking
I was just paired with a person in a 2v2 match that is 138 ranks below me and 118 ranks below our adversaries. This is unacceptable. My partner was completely inadequate at our level and his actions - repeatedly making Brambles and rushing with them (the bramble unit itself, he didn't even deploy it!); and inactions - complete failure to guard against incoming troops - made for a quick loss.

Brambles and Cannons
These matches are terribly boring. You either have to rush as soon as one is developed, or fall into the excruciatingly long tit-for-tat gameplay. It's boring.

Edit: ONE MORE THING, in 2v2 gameplay I'm tired of winning/losing matches because one of the players stops playing and 4 days later I win/lose. It's completely hollow to the victors, but more importantly it punishes the partner for something completely out of their control. So why not make it to where the winning duo gets their points per usual, the losing active opponent neither gains or loses points, but the inactive person loses double points.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply