Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher problems
03-20-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: Teacher problems
This is mad: "HOW DARE YOU SPRAY PAINT THE SMART BOARD!!!!!"
This is mean: "I TOLD YOU KIDS TO NOT SMILE! DON'T EVER DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU COULD START LAUGHING AS IF WERE AT A PARTY?! IF YOU THINK MY CLASS IS FUNNY THAN GO TO THE DEAN'S OFFICE RIGHT NOW!"

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 09:47 AM
My school sounds like a fairy tale compared to everyone else's :O

My senior class has about 57 people in it. A normal class room has 5-20 kids. My math teacher is awesome. [AP Calculus] In fact, all my teachers are pretty cool.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
You have spaces in your name now!

03-20-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 10:27 AM by laYahooz.)
Gfich, here's what IB is:

IB is an international program for “smart kids"

I'm in IB and to be honest, the only reason you hear its so “rigorous" and “challenging" is because of the kids in the program. Their drama-queens. They bitch about every assignment and how IB is “so hard." “Boooohoo I have to write 2 IAs (i dumb term for a research essay) next year," “i got sooooo much math tonight!!!!", you get the point. AP kids do practically the same stuff. Really, similar to most students, IB kids just don't do shit. There dum dumps who don't study, cheat on quizzes, have their parents help with everything. Just your typical “smart" kid at any school.

Not saying IB is bad, as I love how it gives 3 years of calculus based math, but it's overrated. Actually it's not overrated. Kids overrate it because they don't do homework but colleges know that a lot of it is BS.

Would I join the IB program now? I guess so because I like the combination of AP and IB.
Does IB help at all with your future? No.
Is IB hard? No.

Hope that clears the truth about IB up for you all Big Grin
03-20-2013, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 10:33 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
A normal class room has like 30 kids in it. Even the special classes have like 10 kids in it. 57 people is a lot. What's it like?
(03-20-2013 10:23 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Gfich, here's what IB is:

IB is an international program for “smart kids"

I'm in IB and to be honest, the only reason you hear its so “rigorous" and “challenging" is because of the kids in the program. Their drama-queens. They bitch about every assignment and how IB is “so hard." “Boooohoo I have to write 2 IAs (i dumb term for a research essay) next year," “i got sooooo much math tonight!!!!", you get the point. AP kids do practically the same stuff. Really, similar to most students, IB kids just don't do shit. There dum dumps who don't study, cheat on quizzes, have their parents help with everything. Just your typical “smart" kid at any school.

Not saying IB is bad, as I love how it gives 3 years of calculus based math, but it's overrated. Actually it's not overrated. Kids overrate it because they don't do homework but colleges know that a lot of it is BS.

Would I join the IB program now? I guess so because I like the combination of AP and IB.
Does IB help at all with your future? No.
Is IB hard? No.

Hope that clears the truth about IB up for you all Big Grin

Do they teach you more specialized stuff?

03-20-2013, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 10:40 AM by laYahooz.)
Depends you definition of specialized vs IBs.

According to IB it's all specialized.

According to me only math is way way way better than any other publicized program (technically you can get 2 levels ahead in math if you really want too)

Also there's this dumb class called “Theory of Knowledge" I have to take next year. I guess it teaches you what knowledge is. What a waste a school time if you ask me. IB forces you to take it so that's that. Do “specialized" IB is Smile

Here's what I found since I'm in both programs
AP= more in depth, less stuff learned so less homework
IB=very general but covers a lot of stuff so a little more homework but its pretty easy (I've never had to stay up pass 9pm doing my homework because I actually do it when it's assigned)
03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
By specialized i mean if they actually teach instead of skimming over subjects. Schools don't always tell the truth to prevent getting too in-depth and confusing you. I remember when they told us "you can't take away 5 from 3" and they denied that negative numbers existed when i asked them about it. I don't always believe what teachers say now. They said atoms were the smallest things in the universe but by then i knew what gluons were. They said viruses were the smallest pathogens but i already knew what prions were. They said there are 3 states of matter when there are at least 6. They said water freezes at 0°C without telling us about superfluid water and how pressure affects boiling points. They said matter can't be created nor destroyed but if it were true, that means antimatter can't destroy matter. Every year, i think it will get more specific but they just skim over more stuff. Thats why i feel like if you gave me your science test i would pass even though i never took chemistry or physics because it probably isn't that specific or i would fail because the teacher thinks that neutrons give mass to atoms.

03-20-2013, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 12:09 PM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
(03-20-2013 10:22 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  You have spaces in your name now!

Shhh. That's a secret.

Well, I know everybody in my grade on a personal level (friends) all the teachers have known us for a while and we can banter back and forth. We crack tons of nerdy jokes. Eat food/snacks in my AP courses sometimes as "mental stimulants."

Today we ate cheese balls while practicing integrals.

With the smaller class size there is more 1 to 1 conversations and its easier to learn. If I ask 99% of people will tell me they've never heard of my school or the town it's in unless they grew up there.

I moved here in the 7th grade (age 13). It wasn't really that terrible of a transition. My biggiest concern was bullying, but that rarely ever occurred to anyone and thankfully never to me. I can't really compare to a bigger school because I've only been to small ones. My elementary school was even smaller.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
03-20-2013, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 12:35 PM by laYahooz.)
(03-20-2013 11:30 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  By specialized i mean if they actually teach instead of skimming over subjects. Schools don't always tell the truth to prevent getting too in-depth and confusing you. I remember when they told us "you can't take away 5 from 3" and they denied that negative numbers existed when i asked them about it. I don't always believe what teachers say now. They said atoms were the smallest things in the universe but by then i knew what gluons were. They said viruses were the smallest pathogens but i already knew what prions were. They said there are 3 states of matter when there are at least 6. They said water freezes at 0°C without telling us about superfluid water and how pressure affects boiling points. They said matter can't be created nor destroyed but if it were true, that means antimatter can't destroy matter. Every year, i think it will get more specific but they just skim over more stuff. Thats why i feel like if you gave me your science test i would pass even though i never took chemistry or physics because it probably isn't that specific or i would fail because the teacher thinks that neutrons give mass to atoms.
You wouldn't pass physics because you need calc bc or higher Smile (I'm guessing your not that age yet)

I would say IB teachers are pretty good for the most part. The math teachers at my school definitely teach everything, even if its not on the IB test.
I'm not much of a history guy but even I'm aware that IB history courses are way better (I've taken AP and IB history). You don't have a text book in IB so you read real world stuff that is actually interesting (kind of).
I'm not sure how old you are but once you get into higher classes you get into more depth things.

Btw matter can't be created or destroyed. What you isn't really correct but is besides the point even it was. Anti matter only applies to relativity, quantum physics, and definitely describes electrons interactions. All those fields are way to complex for us to even argue it so don't try Wink
Also when you said there are more than 3 states of matter that is not the point of teaching them silly Smile they just teach the common ones. And to be honest, as Ive read a lot about this, no one knows how many there are. I don't think it's 6, from my research. I've concluded 5 that are legit.

Solid, liquid, gas, dark matter, and plasma.

What's the 6th one you think as I bet it's not proven but I want to look it up!
03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Dark matter isn't a state of matter. Scientists don't know much about it which is why its called dark matter, the same reason for dark energy and dark flow. Dark matter doesn't interact electromagnetically but it can gravitationally and thats how it was discovered. Matter can be converted into pure energy. The states of matter are solid, liquid, and gas. The teachers said there were only 3 but later they said there were 4 which is plasma and they stopped there. The 5th one is superfluid and the others have weird names and i think they were named after scientists. I meant supercooled water before not superfluid water. Supercooled water is when water remains a liquid when its sub-zero degrees. I know i won't pass physics cuz its almost all math and i just know the facts like Higgs boson and stuff like that.

You mean the neutron part?