Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher problems
03-18-2013, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 07:14 AM by Wildt4lon.)
RE: Teacher problems
(03-18-2013 06:59 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Also why would he suspected you cheated? He won't! unless you usually fail math tests Smile
(03-18-2013 06:58 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 06:54 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 06:51 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Middle school or high school?
(will reply)

Urrrggghh not very good with this school stuff... You know, the type of school you go to aged 11-16

I thought that was high school?

This is some European thing. It's like a combo of both for America lol.

(Incoming wall of text)
He has reason to believe that I am now a rude, obnoxious student who cares not for others:
The following day, it was Friday period 5 and yes my mates and I were joking around on the way to class
We must have passed the Heads office but I didn't notice
Anyway she came into our classroom breathing fire. My school is a little behind on stuff and we have to stand up whenever ANY member of staff comes in. I was tired and didn't notice so I plonked myself down on a chair right in front of my Head! She stared at me and I realised and stood up anyway she was yelling at us for making noise whilst she had a meeting
As soon as she left my friend next to me muttered a reference to the joke that kept me laughing the entire afternoon
I cracked up just as the Head turned round and saw me through the door and she came back in
She was ON fire now and was bursting my eardrums (how dare you laugh as soon as my back is turned?)
As you can see I DID NOT have a good week.
Should I write a letter of apology or something?

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Holy shit lol sounds like that catholic school I went to but 2X more hardcore.

I wouldn't write a letter but actually apologize to their face if they literally took great offense from that.

However, I think actions are better than words so I would just do nothing except try to be good next week. Don't worry, he couldn't prove you cheated on the test in any way. Also, math being my best subject, I would argue that one cannot simply cheat on a math test.

Are you in the IB Program? Sure sounds like it.
03-18-2013, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 07:48 AM by Wildt4lon.)
(03-18-2013 07:33 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  Holy shit lol sounds like that catholic school I went to but 2X more hardcore.

I wouldn't write a letter but actually apologize to their face if they literally took great offense from that.

However, I think actions are better than words so I would just do nothing except try to be good next week. Don't worry, he couldn't prove you cheated on the test in any way. Also, math being my best subject, I would argue that one cannot simply cheat on a math test.

Are you in the IB Program? Sure sounds like it.

Yes my school is an IB school, and my head is entirely and utterly devoted to resilience.
Edit: not my head, my Headteacher I mean Smile

03-18-2013, 07:43 AM
That sounds like a terrible school.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-18-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 07:56 AM by laYahooz.)
(03-18-2013 07:37 AM)Wildtalon1851 Wrote:  Oh my effing gosh you got that right
People say that our Head is married to the IB as a joke
And she keeps on going on about resilience and blahdy-blah
Lol I'm in IB to and I can just tell. One thing I've realized is that IB kids are kind of drama queens Smile
Right now I'm 17 and, for the American system (its international of course), I'm only in my second year out of four. Some advice:

1) If you going for Math HL (just the highest level of math) watch a guy on youTube called Kan Academy once you in calculus. In calculus, its not that hard of a course if you memorize the stuff. First year of calculus, focus on memorizing instead of understanding. Might sound dumb but a lot of people gave me that advice

2) Teachers are dum dums. They forget to put in assignments all the time at my school. I just go in right after school and tell them how its going to be.

3) I'ts not that hard. I'm in IB, and I can say that the program isn't really that hard. Basically, you get more homework and learn a wider range of stuff, but don't go in depth on anything!

4) Read. If you don't read you fail. You probably already know this.

5) IB doesn't = better. Usually i think it does though. However, if you want to take physics, don't take IB physics, its a joke. Take a physics class with Calculus in it. (In america its called AP Physics C). IB HL math, on the other hand, is probably the best publicized math course in the world! I love it
(03-18-2013 07:43 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  That sounds like a terrible school.

lmfao it does! IB schools in Europe are quite hardcore. I'm at a more integrated AP + IB school.
03-18-2013, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 08:04 AM by Wildt4lon.)
I'll copy and paste that somewhere so I won't forget
I have some years to go yet, especially if I go to sixth form
Oooh my schools on the IB list
It's very... Worrying
My Headteacher's name is written large an clear right thereSad

03-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Do you all have to write IAs like most other IB schools (in fact I think all them have too)? Just wondering because it seems unfair since I'll be 18 years old when I turn mine in and therefore probably smarter (if smartness is proportional to age).
03-18-2013, 08:47 AM
How mean are the teachers Wildtalon1851? In my middle school, i thought some of the teachers and subs were unreasonable. They made up their own dumb rules and excuses like these:

"NO LOOKING AT THE CLOCK WHILE I'M TALKING!"

"Your late." "The late bell didn't ring." "The whole class came earlier so you have no excuse" "I was asking the teacher something" "you have no late pass to prove it" "thats cuz the late bell wadn't going to ring" (late bell rings) "your not in your seat and the late bell just rang so your late"

"Can i use the bathroom?" "No, you should've went during lunch" "i drank water during lunch and not it wants to come out" "No, you should've went during lunch"

"Can i go to the nurse?" "Please remain in your seat while i take attendance" "my eyes are really red" "i'll take care of it after attendance, please remain in your seat, if anyone had any more questions i'll take care of it after attendance.........."

"Im going to turn the radio on and if i can't hear the music your too loud" (turns volume on, class whispers softly, turns volume lower) "you guys are too loud"

"Why are you talking?" "Im asking him if i can borrow a pen" "you should've came prepared" "it just ran out of ink" "you should've brought one that works" (as if we knew it was going to run out)

"I can't accept this, i said you can only use blue or black ink" "its blue ink" "its sky blue ink. It has to be dark blue or black or else i cant read it."

"NO! I TOLD YOU GUYS YOU HAD TO DO 500 WORDS OR MORE!" Last week: "Okay class, lets read the essay requirements together, 'number 1, the essay has to be 200 words to 500 words.'"

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-19-2013, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 03:59 AM by Gf!sh.)
(03-18-2013 08:47 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  How mean are the teachers Wildtalon1851? In my middle school, i thought some of the teachers and subs were unreasonable. They made up their own dumb rules and excuses like these:

"NO LOOKING AT THE CLOCK WHILE I'M TALKING!"

"Your late." "The late bell didn't ring." "The whole class came earlier so you have no excuse" "I was asking the teacher something" "you have no late pass to prove it" "thats cuz the late bell wadn't going to ring" (late bell rings) "your not in your seat and the late bell just rang so your late"

"Can i use the bathroom?" "No, you should've went during lunch" "i drank water during lunch and not it wants to come out" "No, you should've went during lunch"

"Can i go to the nurse?" "Please remain in your seat while i take attendance" "my eyes are really red" "i'll take care of it after attendance, please remain in your seat, if anyone had any more questions i'll take care of it after attendance.........."

"Im going to turn the radio on and if i can't hear the music your too loud" (turns volume on, class whispers softly, turns volume lower) "you guys are too loud"

"Why are you talking?" "Im asking him if i can borrow a pen" "you should've came prepared" "it just ran out of ink" "you should've brought one that works" (as if we knew it was going to run out)

"I can't accept this, i said you can only use blue or black ink" "its blue ink" "its sky blue ink. It has to be dark blue or black or else i cant read it."

"NO! I TOLD YOU GUYS YOU HAD TO DO 500 WORDS OR MORE!" Last week: "Okay class, lets read the essay requirements together, 'number 1, the essay has to be 200 words to 500 words.'"

My school seems so much better now (except for one of my Math teathers)

What's IB?

03-19-2013, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 06:00 AM by Piko.)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=IB

I have got a kinda hardcore school btw, but I think it isn't anything special. Some teachers are just mad, it's normal. Tongue