Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher problems
03-24-2013, 08:32 AM
RE: Teacher problems
(03-24-2013 07:22 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Oh and when i said general relativity is very accurate, i didn't mean it can explain everything and is correct in every situation. Theres quantum mechanics too.

And plasma physics. I don't know much about that though Tongue I'm still trying to figure out second derivatives currently XD
hoping to look at multivariable calculus after my senior year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Whats that? Theres only 4 fundamental forces:
General Relativity- Gravity
Quantum Mechanics- Electromagnetic, Weak Force, Strong Force
Whats plasma physics?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-24-2013, 07:11 PM
The physics of plasma.

03-25-2013, 01:33 AM
Oranges can be observed using human senses, I don't question these observations. And we're really good at answering questions about these things. Dark matter is based on observations of intangible forces and is derived based on a bunch of 0's and 1's run through god knows how many algorithms, data cleansing exercises, etc etc which gives me reasonable doubt.

I'm not anti-science, our understanding of most stuff we interact with is incredible (our better knowledge around human biology over the past 20 years is amazing, and frightening but that's another story...) It's the really really big stuff (galaxy's etc) and the really really small stuff (atoms etc) that we need to acknowledge that we just 'don't get' yet. I don't think we even have the technology to 'get it', but as I said I think we're on the cusp of getting closer. I do expect to be blown away by some major fundamental shifts in our understanding of these things within my lifetime. But some things, what was before the big bang, what are galaxy's expanding into, may be beyond our comprehension and we need to accept this with humility. Imagine how boring life would be if we didn't have these things to research and debate?

To leave on a lighter note, a quote from Violent J of ICP:

Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?

(And no, it's not a literal question, the song is about stepping back and enjoying the miracle of existence...)

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma