Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-27-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: Starcraft
(03-27-2013 07:01 AM)Da Wizerd Wrote:  [Image: 391a9d39748c906d301875e5c23319ed.jpg]

Lmfao!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 12:54 PM
I've been busy recently so I'm not sure I can play but I'll add you magicguy =)

I placed into Master 1v1 in season 1 as Random but I haven't played much 1s in the last year so now when I play my placement match for new seasons I get into Diamond. I mostly play 2v2 and my friend and I are in Masters as a Random/Random team. In WoL we were in the top 100 whenever we were active but we haven't played much in HotS (the expansion) after getting back into Masters.

If you want to add me my main ID is Szei.621

I also use Vrai.261 and Oboi.914 sometimes (these used belong to friends of mine who no longer play).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
04-07-2013, 07:44 PM
http://youtu.be/cC2JwPtFZF4

Is it you?? :o

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
04-13-2013, 12:22 PM
The CombatEX on these forums isn't the same CombatEX, but you're half right (that is the player that the name was taken from). The CombatEX in that video was GrandMaster while Szei/CombatEX here is more like Diamond (probably, I haven't played him in 1v1 in a long time so maybe he's gotten better/worse).
04-13-2013, 12:27 PM
(04-13-2013 12:22 PM)ImperialSun Wrote:  The CombatEX on these forums isn't the same CombatEX, but you're half right (that is the player that the name was taken from). The CombatEX in that video was GrandMaster while Szei/CombatEX here is more like Diamond (probably, I haven't played him in 1v1 in a long time so maybe he's gotten better/worse).

He honestly shouldnt be GM imo, but hey, laddar is just laddar, tournament winnings are what really proves a player.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
04-13-2013, 01:42 PM
I have to ask, why? I'm not sure how you could possibly say that after he went 1-2 against PartinG, a recent world champion at the time, with a legitimate win (expanded and used micro-intensive multitasking). Being GM doesn't mean you're at the pinnacle of Starcraft and earning tournament winnings left and right, just that you're capable of beating >99% of players. Even ignoring WCS, this still seems to fit CombatEX pretty well. He had a good understanding of the game and able to beat the vast majority of starcraft players. Did he win any major tournaments? No, but the same can be said of most of the North American GM league. And actually, most of NA GM can't say they made it to WCS and took a win off a Korean progamer. So... Tongue

I'm guessing you're probably remembering the CombatEX of old which is the same trap most people end up following into. In starcraft 1 he was a bad player who win traded. In the first year of starcraft 2 he continued his bad behavior and his cheesy play (cannon rushes, proxy 2 gates, 4g gate). Later he toned down his bm and also quit stream sniping. What is more relevant though to your point that he shouldn't have been in GM is that he also started taking the game more seriously and focused on improving his macro style. If you watch some of his videos on youtube or his stream videos you'll see that he preferred macro games and had beaten plenty of GMs with macro. Did he mix in some cheese here and there? Sure. But that's actually a mark of a good player and something which people who win major tournaments do too. If you watch GSL and/or MLG you'll see that many top tier champions do cheeses and allins every so often to throw off their opponents in addition to macro games. In fact, this ties into one of the main criticisms people had of IdrA back when he was better. He always macroed to the point that he became too predictable and commentators called him out for it as more people began abusing this fact that he would never cheese (later IdrA did start to mix in some cheeses). Point being, CombatEX didn't deserve GM back when he stream cheated and cheesed all the time, but he dramatically changed his playstyle when he came back to the game after his 4 month break.

It gets tiresome seeing people getting stuck in one mindset. I'm not talking about you personally, but it's something I've seen far too often (and not just with CombatEX, but also with things in general). Times change. People change. As for the "asking for forgiveness" issue, I can see how you can say CombatEX's change in behavior was "too little, too late". But gameplay ability and redemption are two separate things. He may have been beyond redemption as far as the starcraft community goes, but that doesn't change the fact that he improved his gameplay ability dramatically.
04-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Sharu, I can deduce you play Starcraft? Tongue

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

04-13-2013, 07:07 PM
shameless plug, my twitch.tv stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/neotika/
I stream my laughable sc2 antics every now and then in the late evenings (relative to US eastern time).

Also, Winks.700 if anyone is down for some practice games (low NA diamond here).

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I'll add you alex! Smile Mine is Magicguy.568

I'm only in low silver so diamond is already very excellent for me aha

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

04-14-2013, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 05:50 AM by awpertunity.)
(04-07-2013 07:44 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  http://youtu.be/cC2JwPtFZF4

Is it you?? :o

Hahaha, nah that's not him Tongue That's probably just where he got his name from. That guy is an infamous pro/cheeser/douche, the combatEX on here is much nicer ;]

Haha, this makes me want to play again: awpertunity.648

I was in master league until like season 5 when I stopped playing. I probably am a lot worse now... lol