Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE do not over-nerf the bramble
03-16-2013, 05:57 AM
PLEASE do not over-nerf the bramble
I know I've been fairly outspoken about bramble being OP. However, after playing it more I've realized that it isn't THAT OP. I think it should be nerfed but really only in a way that makes it less wit efficient to use bramble.

suggested changes:

1. Make it cost a wit to root and uproot bramble. This suggestion would really slow down bramble rushes! That one extra wit make a difference in getting that early parent patch out.

2. Charge a wit to recede thorns OR make it so that thorns can be attacked by allied units. With the latter make it so that the allied unit gets a wit for kill (so its free if you kill it with a heavy or sniper but not with a soldier). This would also "use up" an attack. Either of these options would encourage wise placement of thorns.

3. Show the parent-child relationship to enemies and allies.

I think the idea is that bramble needs to be a little bit less efficient and easy to use. It should still be deadly in the hand of a skilled player, like mobi or any special is.

I also think that having a strong bramble is good for the game. It might encourage scally use and lead to a balanced distribution of race usage instead of all the top players using one race.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 07:05 AM
RE: PLEASE do not over-nerf the bramble
i agree, for me the most important thing is that they don't decrease the hp of the vines... i would hate it if they went back to 2 hp.
03-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Number 1 seems only fair if the Bombshell has a cost to shell and unshell and number 2 is very interesting, but number 3 I don't think is fair. I mean it's already difficult and almost end game if a whole thorn system is uprooted. If they show the parent-child relationship instead of reviewing your game and trying to find the thorn blocking your soldier from killing that pesky sniper it's just going to be players effortlessly breaking apart Veggienaut defenses basically creating a major advantage over the Veggienaut team.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-16-2013, 07:48 AM
(03-16-2013 07:05 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  Number 1 seems only fair if the Bombshell has a cost to shell and unshell and number 2 is very interesting, but number 3 I don't think is fair. I mean it's already difficult and almost end game if a whole thorn system is uprooted. If they show the parent-child relationship instead of reviewing your game and trying to find the thorn blocking your soldier from killing that pesky sniper it's just going to be players effortlessly breaking apart Veggienaut defenses basically creating a major advantage over the Veggienaut team.

Actually #3 is neutral..it can help veggie players by making it so that you dont recede a ton of thorns on accident. You should always protect the parents anyways...

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-16-2013, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 08:11 AM by ElPared.)
I remember when the idea to allow thorns to attack came up on the boards originally, the idea was that attacking would destroy the thorn. I think this is still a good idea.

I had the idea a while back to make it cost 1 wit and 1 HP for a thorn to make another thorn. This would solve #3 as well as a few other things people are complaining about. If this were implemented I think that if a child is receded, the parent should get its 1 HP back (to a max of 3) and a parent making new thorns at 1 HP would not kill the parent.

also, has anyone noticed that Outwitters usually gets updated at the same time as Twitter? kinda weird since they both have "twitter" in their name haha

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-16-2013, 08:16 AM
(03-16-2013 07:48 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Actually #3 is neutral..it can help veggie players by making it so that you dont recede a ton of thorns on accident. You should always protect the parents anyways...

On you mean both. I think that might work out better in a way

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
I dunno, my drunk self spends 1-2 hours a day mistakenly tracking the parent of the thorns in my way and wasting wits killing every thorn besides the one that is between my armies and glorious Ragnarok.

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-16-2013, 10:37 PM
(03-16-2013 07:05 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  Number 1 seems only fair if the Bombshell has a cost to shell and unshell and number 2 is very interesting, but number 3 I don't think is fair. I mean it's already difficult and almost end game if a whole thorn system is uprooted. If they show the parent-child relationship instead of reviewing your game and trying to find the thorn blocking your soldier from killing that pesky sniper it's just going to be players effortlessly breaking apart Veggienaut defenses basically creating a major advantage over the Veggienaut team.

Are you kidding? It DOES take a wit to shell and unshell the BS.
03-17-2013, 12:02 AM
No, he says number 1 would be fair IF the BS takes a wit to shell and unshell. He should say number 1 IS fair because BS takes wits. See the potential for confusion? Just making sure because when talking about game balance everything about the game needs to be correct
03-17-2013, 12:23 AM
I still think brambles shouldn't be able to birth over holes.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...