Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange glitch(?)
03-13-2013, 05:55 AM
Strange glitch(?)
So I'm playing a game on peekaboo, and me and my opponent are both using brambles. On multiple turns, the replay I receive for his move is incomplete and the board is different from where the replay ends to where my turn starts. I would usually just dismiss this as a minor glitch, but SOMEHOW, in the absent part of the replay, his units move into spaces that are literally impossible for him to move into. For example, he would grow a bramble and attack with it. When my turn starts, he has a heavy placed in that spot, my unit that was alive is dead, and he has brambles advanced 3 or four spaces forward. Since that bramble already attacked, he couldn't have retracted it, and there's no indication that he retracted a parent thorn to get rid of it. Does anyone have an explanation? It's happened a total of four times across 2 games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 05:56 AM
RE: Strange glitch(?)
Submit the replay on OSN and see what happens.
This is a known bug thats caused by your opponent retreating a thorn patch.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Has the game ended yet n there's replay to watch?
There's some bug where I have seen is the replay don't show each move
03-13-2013, 06:00 AM
If a thorn is uprooted, the replay for that turn in the game disappears for everything after the thorn is uprooted and in the post game replay the entire game after the uprooting disappears.

Dont know how it looks on osn but i dont think you can even get a midgame osn replay to begin with
03-13-2013, 06:06 AM
(03-13-2013 06:00 AM)OutwittersFan422 Wrote:  If a thorn is uprooted, the replay for that turn in the game disappears for everything after the thorn is uprooted and in the post game replay the entire game after the uprooting disappears.

Dont know how it looks on osn but i dont think you can even get a midgame osn replay to begin with

I meant after the game is finished so he could see how the heavy moved and the other units too if he needs to.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Yea the whole game replay ends where the glitch happened while I was playing. I just thought it was strange because the thorn and his unit would be in the same hex (with the thorn gone, after it performed an action) but if it's a known glitch then I suppose ill just have to wait for a fix. Another strange thing is that he destroyed my base, but the end screen says I still had 5 health...
03-14-2013, 01:35 AM
he didnt retract the thorn that attacked, but he could have retracted a parent thorn of that thorn (this bramble stuff is complicated Big Grin).

ANyway, i've seen the replay bug too; it took me by surprise. I thought my opponent didn't move anything that I could see; then boom, one of my units is suddenly gone.
03-15-2013, 01:05 AM
@poweewee, I cannot see the replay of your turn properly. I even don't know how you could you kill my units, especailly my bramble.... I have reported this to Alex, hope he can fix it soon.

iPro Clan
03-15-2013, 02:10 AM
(03-15-2013 01:05 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  @poweewee, I cannot see the replay of your turn properly. I even don't know how you could you kill my units, especailly my bramble.... I have reported this to Alex, hope he can fix it soon.

I've just shown you how I killed your bramble. Clean, honest work Smile It's the replay that is bugged. So yes, hopefully it can be fixed soon.