Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2v2 scoring Fix needed!!!
03-14-2013, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 09:18 PM by Grouper79.)
2v2 scoring Fix needed!!!
I love the game, but I am incredibly frustrated by the scoring system for 2v2 matches - specifically, the penalty if your partner decides to stop playing or just quit.
I've easily lost 150 points or more. Most of them are unranked and quit within the first 3 rotations. I have routinely lost 12 to 14 points, because I'm losing to other unranked or lower level teams.
why should anybody be penalized for being randomly matched with someone who forgets to play and decides to quit?
sure, I've been on the receiving end of some of these where my opponent has stopped playing, but the victory yields me 9 points at best (because most of the people who stop playing are newbs who are uninterested). It's completely unbalanced.
Penalize the person who stops, maybe give a minimal penalty to their partner, but minus-14 is ridiculous!
I've had about 10 legitimate wins, and only 3 legitimate losses, but I have only 18 points in my league because I've been saddled with people quitting or not playing.
I won 3 of my 5 placement matches, and took two losses because my partner quit, thereby putting me in the Clever League. how does that make any sense?

OML - please address this in your next update! this is the kind of thing that frustrates dedicated players and makes them lose interest fast.

thank you,
Grouper 79
2v2 Random: Ugly Fingers Division
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 07:14 AM by GoHeat 3.)
RE: 2v2 scoring Fix needed!!!
It's inevitable. Don't play 2v2 then. Your a team and if a team loses both players should take the loss even if it timed out IMO.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
(03-14-2013 07:12 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  It's inevitable. Don't play 2v2 then. Your a team and if a team loses both players should take the loss even if it timed out IMO.

"Don't play 2v2 then" is exactly my point. it's a flawed scoring system and needs to be fixed.
I agree, the other team deserves points for the win. and the player who quits/times out deserves the full negative points - maybe even a bigger deduction to discourage the behavior! But the teammate who is RANDOMLY paired with the player should receive a minimal penalty, at best.
03-14-2013, 07:29 AM
I believe he's talking about 2v2 random so he can't really help it I his partner quits.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
03-14-2013, 07:32 AM
play 2v2 with a partner.
there's a forum looking for opponent or partner
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=425 here you go!
03-14-2013, 09:16 PM
(03-14-2013 07:29 AM)Coolio Wrote:  I believe he's talking about 2v2 random so he can't really help it I his partner quits.

Exactly. thank you. I'm reasonably new to the game, so maybe I'm missing something, but I've played a few 2v2 League games with a chosen partner, only to find that we received no points when we won the game. Can you only move up in the rankings by playing with Randoms?
03-14-2013, 11:09 PM
(03-14-2013 09:16 PM)Grouper79 Wrote:  Exactly. thank you. I'm reasonably new to the game, so maybe I'm missing something, but I've played a few 2v2 League games with a chosen partner, only to find that we received no points when we won the game. Can you only move up in the rankings by playing with Randoms?

Just like with 1v1, you need to complete 5 placements matches before you are put into a league and receive points for a win.

The 2v2 random and 2v2 teams are mixed, so when playing with a random partner you might play against a fixed team and vice versa.

Outwitters Allround Top 100 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...6aFE#gid=2
03-15-2013, 02:47 AM
(03-14-2013 11:09 PM)LortGob Wrote:  
(03-14-2013 09:16 PM)Grouper79 Wrote:  Exactly. thank you. I'm reasonably new to the game, so maybe I'm missing something, but I've played a few 2v2 League games with a chosen partner, only to find that we received no points when we won the game. Can you only move up in the rankings by playing with Randoms?

Just like with 1v1, you need to complete 5 placements matches before you are put into a league and receive points for a win.

The 2v2 random and 2v2 teams are mixed, so when playing with a random partner you might play against a fixed team and vice versa.

Right. I got that. I completed my placement matches long ago. I've played many League 2v2 Random games.
I have also played 3 League 2v2 matches with teammates I invited - a fixed team, as you say. All 3 games were wins for our team, however, it showed no points won or lost for anyone on the Results page at the end of the match.
So, my question remains, if I invite a friend to play a League 2v2 match, can I earn points for my league?
03-15-2013, 03:27 AM
2v2 Random and 2v2 W/ partner both need 5 league placement matches each and are on separate league point systems I believe. From what you've said, it looks like you've completed your 5 matches for Random partner but have not completed 5 with the same partner, which is why when you've finished your 3 games you didn't see any points.

You need to get 5 games with the same partner first.

[Image: sig.png]
03-15-2013, 03:48 AM
Yes, you need to complete 5 placement matches with every new teammate. As for random teammates quitting, I wouldn't mind seeing a fix to take away the partners penalty.