Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brambles weren't designed to be fun
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2013 04:59 PM by ElPared.)
Brambles weren't designed to be fun
So I guess I'll start my own Bramble related thread...

anyways since the biggest complaint against Bramble V3 seems to be "it isn't fun to play against" I submit to you the following idea:

Bramble, at its core, is designed to do one thing: Control the board. As a rule people do not like being controlled, and I believe this is where the "unfun" complaint came from, and indeed it is not fun to play against. However, I believe it was designed to play this way.

Think about what its done since the Veggienauts were released: It makes a barrier. That barrier makes more barriers. Barriers can be placed on wit and spawn spaces. This thing is obviously designed to control the way its opponent plays, and where its opponent can go. The difference between V2 and V3 seems to only be that now it's actually good at its job.

Anyways, I'm not posting this to offer a suggestion for how to beat the new Bramble. I am simply proposing a counter argument to "the new Bramble isn't fun." Or, rather, I'm agreeing it isn't fun, and saying it was never meant to be fun (for its opponent at least, it's good fun for the Bramble's pilot.)

cheers everyone Smile

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply