Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
End of game replay suggestions
07-10-2012, 06:24 AM
RE: End of game replay suggestions
I believe other games have made it so you can choose to view replays with no fog, or with fog from one player's perspective or the other. But I like Glorishear's version even better (as a toggle).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 07:56 AM
I love both these suggestions too!!

Toggle of fog on and off, or shaded tiles underfoot the color of the teams would work too (on their turn, otherwise the overlap would be disorienting)
07-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Both are great suggestions IMO
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
I like both of these ideas a lot. Especially showing the fog of war in the replay.

It would also be nice to specify a turn to start the replay at. That way you could post something on the forum and say, "see how on turn 29 I did this?" and when someone clicks the link it would start at 29. Kind of how youtube handles it.

I have no idea how much time it would take to implement so obviously its not an important feature, but it would be nice when discussing strategy.
07-14-2012, 05:23 PM
And one more - a single turn play button, where it plays one turn and waits until I press play again before going on to the next turn. If you really want to study a game right now, it's a pain - the pause button stops mid-turn, and if it went by too fat you can't even be sure whether you're at the beginning of the turn or not. So then you have to back up a turn and go forward again to be sure you're at the right spot.

Sometimes it gets confused, too - you hit pause, it says paused across the screen, but the pieces keep moving underneath.
11-13-2012, 08:32 PM
I wish there was something to make the data being transferred smaller. Like maybe a low-quality version while playing the games. Helpful especially if I have 35 very active games.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-13-2012, 08:52 PM
(11-13-2012 08:32 PM)joelduque Wrote:  I wish there was something to make the data being transferred smaller. Like maybe a low-quality version while playing the games. Helpful especially if I have 35 very active games.

You can't exactly lo-fi a moves list, but you're right that games take awfully long to load, sometimes.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-13-2012, 09:45 PM
(11-13-2012 08:52 PM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(11-13-2012 08:32 PM)joelduque Wrote:  I wish there was something to make the data being transferred smaller. Like maybe a low-quality version while playing the games. Helpful especially if I have 35 very active games.

You can't exactly lo-fi a moves list, but you're right that games take awfully long to load, sometimes.

I was thinking along flash games animation...Higher quality would usually take longer times to load, lower quality-faster. I also like a faster speed of replays, like maybe 1.5-2x of the current speed. It sometimes pauses for like a second, hahaha.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
11-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I really think the wit counter is a must. What if, for the fog of war, the tiles were only shaded darker ,like a shadow,in that area but everything was still visible? By doing this you could see where the fog was, it doesn't interfere with seeing the placement of the other team and those who don't want it can ignore it. What do you think?

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
11-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Yes, I think it would be nice to be able to toggle fog of war for P1/P2. Also wit counts.