Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
End of game replay suggestions
07-08-2012, 07:18 PM
End of game replay suggestions
Thank you for providing the end-of-game no-fog replay. But it be awesome to have a little more...I know, those users are never satisfied

1) Wit counters for each player, maybe even with a little animation as they refill between turns. Would make it much easier to see when someone starts saving up for that special.

2) Show the fog on the ground even while leaving the units visible. Might be a little distracting as it switches POV every turn, but it's part of the strategy and it would help understand the players decision making.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: End of game replay suggestions
To 1): Yeah, why isn't this visible already? With pen and paper you could infer any players Wits, but who's got the nerves for that?

To 2): I think this would be confusing for most players. With experience, you will know the ranges of every unit by heart and it wouldn't be necessary to display them.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 09:47 PM
(07-08-2012 07:18 PM)Glorishears Wrote:  Thank you for providing the end-of-game no-fog replay. But it be awesome to have a little more...I know, those users are never satisfied

1) Wit counters for each player, maybe even with a little animation as they refill between turns. Would make it much easier to see when someone starts saving up for that special.

Thanks!

this would be really nice
07-09-2012, 08:03 AM
I like both of these points.

Re: 2) Seeing a "ghost" fog could be useful for understanding strategy and perceiving mistakes - particularly if you are watching another person's game. Yes you can work it out, but you probably won't whilst watching a replay straight through.
07-09-2012, 08:14 AM
I actually have wanted both of these features since the release day but haven't bothered to bring it up on the forums yet since there are so many other things I'm sure OML is dealing with at the moment. However since someone else has posted it I might as well say I agree wholeheartedly.

However, for the second feature I had something slightly different in mind.

Keep the whole map visible, but also make a way to switch between player views like in Starcraft 2's replay system. Often times pros in SC say one of the best ways to learn is viewing a game from a good player's perspective, not simply spectating games where the whole map is revealed (this obviously helps too, but it's often more useful to see how players react given the information they know).
07-09-2012, 08:16 AM
No fog AND see the opponent's wits? That'd take all the strategy out!
07-09-2012, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:19 AM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-09-2012 08:16 AM)k.dot Wrote:  No fog AND see the opponent's wits? That'd take all the strategy out!

We're talking about replays of finished games - not the actual game or replays of active games.

Edit: faster again, Szei

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:20 AM by Szei.)
(07-09-2012 08:16 AM)k.dot Wrote:  No fog AND see the opponent's wits? That'd take all the strategy out!

END of game replay. Not the replay feature during the game.

(07-09-2012 08:17 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  We're talking about replays of finished games - not the actual game or replays of active games.

I think he was a bit confused because there is also a replay feature during the game.

Edit: But you cheated by editing your post Kamikaze =) If you had gotten it right the first time I would have beaten you! haha
07-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I like the POV suggestion, and it would be less jumpy than having the fog constantly shifting.

So that's the request #2 - let us choose between gods-eye, p1 or p2 perspectives
07-10-2012, 05:37 AM
+1 toggle fog in replays, I'd like to watch with fog on or off depending on my mood!