Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress Relievers
03-15-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Stress Relievers
In the UK we finish school in July too, but we get half-term holidays so we have the same amount of holidays as Americans.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Mid-winter recess? Aka christmas break? We get a week off maybe a few days more depending on w
What day christmas is.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-16-2013, 07:17 AM
(03-16-2013 06:46 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Mid-winter recess? Aka christmas break? We get a week off maybe a few days more depending on w
What day christmas is.

Woah that is wierd. We get two weeks off at Christmas and Easter and another week off in between

03-16-2013, 07:35 AM
I get a week of at Easter (spring break) and in January this year i got a week off cuz it was Regents Week and i didn't have any exams to take so i don't go to school. In February, we were supposed to have a week of for Mid-Winter Recess (btw i meant winter recess before my bad) but it got cut short because we lost a week of school after Hurricane Sandy.

I can't imagine going to school in July. I tried really hard but i can't imagine being in school that far into summer. Or in the Fourth of July. There'd probably be some decorations like during Christmas.

03-16-2013, 08:39 AM
(03-16-2013 07:35 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I get a week of at Easter (spring break) and in January this year i got a week off cuz it was Regents Week and i didn't have any exams to take so i don't go to school. In February, we were supposed to have a week of for Mid-Winter Recess (btw i meant winter recess before my bad) but it got cut short because we lost a week of school after Hurricane Sandy.

I can't imagine going to school in July. I tried really hard but i can't imagine being in school that far into summer. Or in the Fourth of July. There'd probably be some decorations like during Christmas.

I know this sounds wierd, but what is the Fourth of July?
From what I heard it's like a firework festival, celebrating (guessing now) the end of the civil war..?

03-16-2013, 09:04 AM
It's the day the thirteen colonies declared indepence from Great Britain in 1776. There are firework shows around the country and you could watch it on TV.