Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog of war deception tactics
03-12-2013, 10:30 AM
RE: Fog of war deception tactics
(03-12-2013 07:57 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  [quote='TheGoldenGriffin' pid='40128' dateline='1363031383']
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yypf5Agw
Watch Turn 4. I made the replay keep panning and pausing.
[/]

Nigedad no D:

So you seriously have to wait that long (30 seconds) to get the effect? Does waiting longer increase it? Btw great thread GG (and necrocat)

You have to tap on a unit, tap on a space for it to move, then cancel it. It doesn't seem to work if you do it 5 times in a row to one unit and tap done. It works better if you do it with different units.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 01:28 AM
I would prefer the design more if the sneaky man thing either was directly related (1 sneaky man per sneaky wit), or not related at all.
03-13-2013, 02:29 AM
(03-12-2013 03:26 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I think this is a topic that is not often discussed. There are a couple of fog of war deception tactics that I regularly employ. These are outside of the realm of skill, and are merely tricks that anyone can use to disguise your activities beyond your opponent's field of vision.

1. Pausing with purpose

2. Camera manipulation

Or 3. Uproot one thorn as the first action, so your opponent has no replay at all.
03-13-2013, 06:46 AM
(03-12-2013 05:32 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 05:29 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  I thought it has been shown that the little man/waiting symbol is completely random. Is it not?

No, I think it behaves in predictable patterns, at least to a certain extent. It may appear random to you because there is an unknown x factor, which is the amount of time your opponent takes between actions.

This could easily be tested with two people in a friendly game. Both take turns taking x amount of time total or in between moving pieces and then the person watching the replay could see if there are any time intervals at corresponding spots.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
03-13-2013, 06:53 AM
(03-13-2013 06:46 AM)Coolio Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 05:32 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 05:29 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  I thought it has been shown that the little man/waiting symbol is completely random. Is it not?

No, I think it behaves in predictable patterns, at least to a certain extent. It may appear random to you because there is an unknown x factor, which is the amount of time your opponent takes between actions.

This could easily be tested with two people in a friendly game. Both take turns taking x amount of time total or in between moving pieces and then the person watching the replay could see if there are any time intervals at corresponding spots.

Coolio, what is the status of your 2v2 tournament match? You haven't responded to my PM.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-13-2013, 06:56 AM
I didn't get a pm? And the other team beat us because my partner has disappeared. I figured they wouldve already poste the replay(not that there really was one though cause my "partner" didnt play. Sorry.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
03-13-2013, 06:59 AM
(03-13-2013 06:56 AM)Coolio Wrote:  I didn't get a pm? And the other team beat us because my partner has disappeared. I figured they wouldve already poste the replay(not that there really was one though cause my "partner" didnt play. Sorry.

I probably sent it to Coolio da best rather than Coolio. Anyway, sorry to hear about your partner. Thanks for the update.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.