Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Suggestions
07-09-2012, 09:32 PM
RE: Suggestions
I could see perks being cool, but as Kamikaze said, complicated is not always good. I honestly don't want to have to remember what three units can do instead of the single unit I need to remember now.

(07-09-2012 01:36 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  1 seems just right - at the end of turns. If you don't have any wits left, maybe auto uninvis?

Thats what I was thinking, but it would be super expensive;
7 for production, 1 to hide him in the first place, essentially 2 for movement and 1 for attack. Lets say you make one, hide him, and send him towards the opponent's base. This all costs 10 wit. Next turn, you move him up next to the base and attack; another 2 (I feel he should be unveiled once he attacks), or three should he not be auto-revealed. Thats 12-13 wit for what would probably amount to about 1 damage.

Anyway, I think this guy's team should be some sort of ghosts or undead.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 09:52 PM by qoo.)
Please, let people start new games if some of their enemies made last turn like 1 or 2 days.

I'm having 20 games now and only 6-7 are active.

Also, Mobi's ability is not useful. Especially on small maps. I suggest stealth for him. Idea Like going in stealth for 1 turn or can be visible only on the neighboor hex.
07-09-2012, 10:00 PM
(07-09-2012 08:20 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Scallywag - extremely small life steal? Couldnt think of anything for a shark...that bites....

I really like this idea, but maybe it could be for the special of the plants team when it comes out. It could 'leech' like 2 or 3 life from an opponent and could spread it around its teammates?
07-10-2012, 05:27 AM
(07-09-2012 09:45 PM)qoo Wrote:  Please, let people start new games if some of their enemies made last turn like 1 or 2 days.

I'm having 20 games now and only 6-7 are active.

Also, Mobi's ability is not useful. Especially on small maps. I suggest stealth for him. Idea Like going in stealth for 1 turn or can be visible only on the neighboor hex.

Not every game has to have a special unit. But when they do, your either ahead of your opponent or going to be. Small maps like shark food island, where the spawn is far from base is a good place for mobis. Often you can sneak mobs up there, teleport snipers and they would go " wtf just happened?"
07-10-2012, 07:24 AM
(07-10-2012 05:27 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Not every game has to have a special unit. But when they do, your either ahead of your opponent or going to be. Small maps like shark food island, where the spawn is far from base is a good place for mobis. Often you can sneak mobs up there, teleport snipers and they would go " wtf just happened?"

I have to say I have a hard time seeing how you can "sneak" anything anywhere on Shark Food Island. Unless you are really far ahead of the opponent, players generally have good visibility on this map, if not every other turn at least every second turn.

I have started to see the use of the Special Units (especially Brainwash, still waiting to see a single good use of the Snail in about 40 games, and haven't seen any good uses of the Teleport either). Have to say that I like the simplicity as well, but I feel that Specials don't necessarily have to cost the same for all Armies, just as they don't have the same health.

Right now, I feel Mobi and Snail should be lowered at least to 6 in cost.
07-10-2012, 07:43 AM
I'd like to see a list of the 20 players from Super Titan or Master by points, and also by "hidden matchmaking rating".
07-10-2012, 07:45 AM
(07-10-2012 07:43 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I'd like to see a list of the 20 players from Super Titan or Master by points, and also by "hidden matchmaking rating".

But then the hidden matchmaking rating wouldn't be so hidden now, would it? Also: without any way to compare it to yours, this number is pretty much meaningless.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Believe it or not, some players don't care about the top part in shark food island. Most probably do though. Also if your winning on any other map and you know your opponent doesn't have an vision, you can get into slots behind their base like on sweetie plains and foundry.
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
I just started five new league games to finish my second placement soon and encountered some odd match making IMO. Out of the five new games I was matched three times against the same opponent and once against an opponent I beat 1 minuted before starting the new games. I think this is pretty odd as playing the same opponents all the time will not reveal my or their skill level adequately.
07-11-2012, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 03:19 AM by Charles McJessy.)
Outwitters is a fantastic game, and my friends and I love the Pass&Play mode, however I think something needs to be done to bring the online experience closer that of offline. I have only managed to finish one online match since launch date, and I'd really enjoy having the option of playing a more condensed game, a variable time limit per turn would be the perfect solution. Something possibly as short as 2 minutes, and as long or longer than the current 7 days per turn.

I would also totally appreciate it if the game was updated to remember my offline profiles so that I can enter them once and not have to keep re-entering them between games with my friends.

Also: the option to resign from a game even if it isn't your turn so that your list of games can never get stuck at full.

Heart