Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Suggestions
07-12-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: Suggestions
(07-12-2012 08:50 AM)Lordoftheslugs Wrote:  I just started out on a 2v2 and i thought of (what i hope is) a simple mechanic that would make teamwork a lot easier to manage.

Markers, i think it would be very nice if one could place markers on the map for your partner to see. It could be done by holding your finger on a spot for a second and removed the same way. I think it would make tactical planning a lot easier and more fun. Smile

Another suggestion, this one is more of a request, could the chat be made landscape compatible or whatever it is called. My big manly fingers have a hard time hitting the right buttons when the keyboard is so small Tongue

Oh and why can't i see the movement shadow of the enemies when its not my turn? (also a tactical disadvantage) Big Grin

Great idea! Like being able to ping in other RTS games. That would be a sweet feature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 10:11 AM
(07-12-2012 10:08 AM)AlphaRalphA Wrote:  How about some colorblind settings?
When i'm playing 2v2 games i sometimes have trouble telling green and yellow apart. Especially when the units start getting closer together.

If you can't change the colors could it be possible to have indicators over allied units or something similar to that. Thanks a bunch.Smile

COLORBLIND SETTINGS!!!!
I have the same problem, it is so difficult to differ from teammates and enemies!
09-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Expanding on what I suggested in another thread, I just realized that the Spyglass ability would also make SvS 100 turn+ turtle games much less likely since you could use 2 bombshells to kill a soldier in a 4hp soldier wall with only 2 wits (1 for the heavy ability, 1 for one bombshell attack, and 0 for the second bombshell attack). The more I think about it, the more I feel that this kind of second mini-special would be beneficial for Outwitters 2. Reading Adam's comments, it's clear that OML is interested in doing Outwitters 2, but that there has to be a compelling enough change to spice up the formula. This could be a major part of that change. It also addresses so of the primary remaining issues in Outwitters.

1. Makes heavies more worth spawning
2. Abilities can be tailored to address current balance issues
3. Decreases mass bombshell turtling in SvS!*
4. Puts a new spin on the formula while leaving the core mechanics relatively intact

* I've always found the concept behind SvS interesting, but the games simply take too long in with these complete turtle strategies. And it's not just on Peakaboo, GG and I had a 100+ turn SvS game on Long Nine. With this change we could still see entertaining bombshell positional play in SvS, but it would also be easier to break with the proper planning as you would no longer be able to simply hide your bombshells behind mass 4hp soldiers.

(07-09-2012 08:20 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  I think something that can change the game alot is perks. I'm not sure if any other board game like games have this, but I've definitely seen other games. I use to play this soccer game from the makers of runescape (I know, i am a disgrace to the outwitters community) where you could put perks on your players. Like, let's say, I put a perk on my striker let's it run faster.

As interesting as I could see this being, I also feel that it would harm the relative simplicity of Outwitters which makes it such a beautiful game. As I've said before, I even hesitated to post my "special heavy" idea, but I feel like it is relatively unobtrusive and also something which is perhaps necessary to warrant OML making Outwitters 2 based on Adam's comments a few posts back. I'm okay with changing the heavy because it's only one unit, not to mention it's a unit people hardly spawn in the upper levels of play. Allowing users to change every single unit by adding perks just seems like too much.

Basically, I think it's a cool idea but I don't feel it would be right for Outwitters.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Wouldn't it be 3 wits? Unless the heavy ability applies to all Bombshells, wouldn't you need two heavies to use the same ability twice?

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-17-2013, 03:04 PM
I have no idea what this thread is about but I don't want to start a new one

I just played 2v2 in a tourney for the first time
I wish the wits pool was shared between players from each team!
10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
(10-17-2013 03:04 PM)blckace Wrote:  I have no idea what this thread is about but I don't want to start a new one

I just played 2v2 in a tourney for the first time
I wish the wits pool was shared between players from each team!

Interesting concept, has potential for arranged. Although, a random ally could just spend it in a silly manner.

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!