Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yet another bramble thread
03-12-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Yet another bramble thread
I agree with you, awpertunity. What you've pointed about Skill v Power and how it takes an inordinate amount of skill to beat Bramble is exactly right. Although I have been dominating Gifted League with Bramble, I did start a few friendlies to see what a wider range of players were doing with/against Bramble. I got matched with an ST ([Admiral 77], I think he was around 30 on the top 200), and guess what? I still lost Smile

This seems to be the exact opposite of the Adorables fiasco. Adorables was the case of high skill input for (proportionally) low power output, which resulted in most of the upper echelons saying it was too powerful, or too many people were using it, while the lower echelons, with less skill, didn't see the problem. Now, the Veggienauts output a crazy high amount of power for very little skill. This results in mass panic about the new "God" of Outwitters, when the top class sees it as just a boring annoyance.

I'm not experienced enough to say what has to happen, but I do know there is a problem.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 04:29 AM
I think charging wits for thorn receding would be useful too. Also fixing the replay glitch...lol

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-12-2013, 04:40 AM
I say we remove thorn receding completely. Why? Because it was really interesting from a tactical point that one does not simply clear thorns positioned on a faulty place. You couldn't just simply go mad with thorn spawning. Now, if there is a thorn in the way, so what? You can just recede it, FOR FREE!

And it instantly fixes the replay glitch hax.

03-12-2013, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 07:36 AM by {~BiA85~}.)
(03-12-2013 04:40 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  I say we remove thorn receding completely. Why? Because it was really interesting from a tactical point that one does not simply clear thorns positioned on a faulty place. You couldn't just simply go mad with thorn spawning. Now, if there is a thorn in the way, so what? You can just recede it, FOR FREE!

And it instantly fixes the replay glitch hax.

+1

I don't think receding thorns was needed at all. Especially not now since you can attack with thorns.

Maybe they could remove that function for their update to get the new maps into league rotation and it could be a sort of test to see if it helps with brambles slight OPness.

[Image: sig.png]
03-12-2013, 07:44 AM
What if you also get a wit for every child killed when you take out a parent?

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
03-12-2013, 08:31 AM
I agree that you shouldn't be able to recede thorns.
And nerf its movement back to two while you're at it.

Perhaps these nerfs wouldn't do much, but better to nerf too little than to nerf too much in my opinion.

But believe it or not, after reading this, I think brambles are even more OP. So basically, lower skilled players are going to play bramble because there easy to use and high high reward. Higher skilled players are going to play bramble because every little advantage counts at the top (which is why almost all the elite players played adorables before the update) and bramble is a little stronger than the other races. So basically there's no reason not to use the bramble unless you think it's terribly boring to use (but you even admitted it was incredibly fun to use Tongue)
03-12-2013, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 09:11 AM by mneaton43.)
If I start another game with a vegginaut user, I will have to stop playing this game. I only have 8GB's, so space is precious.
That said, these new brambles are ridiculous. Three games in a row I lost to Brambles, because they would saturate the board with thorns, and use them to attack my army, which had no where else to go. This also goes to the FREE receding of thorns. Before you had to place thorns where it harmed the enemy, but allowed for your team to push foward, now you can throw them down wherever you want, and recede them if they get in your way!
I am in Clever league, but at serious risk of going back to fluffy, directly related to the new update, please go back, it isn't fun anymore!
03-12-2013, 11:32 AM
I don't know too much about the details but I agree with whatever Alvendor said. My time is important so I didn't actually read what he wrote but like... Alvendor is pretty much never wrong
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
I think we can balance Bramble by making it spawn pre-shelled 4 HP Bombshells instead of thorns.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 12:34 PM
I've got it!

The problem is the brambles can move too fast. The should only be able to create a new bramble 1 space from the parent, not two.