Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New bramble say what!!
03-11-2013, 07:21 AM
RE: New bramble say what!!
2 wits is a lot

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 07:36 AM
(03-11-2013 06:02 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I don't really think this thread is actually helping anyone really... All anyone is doing here is discussing how they plan to make the Veggienauts useless again because they don't wish to adapt to the v3 Bramble. All I'm saying is maybe you should spend a little more time making new strategies instead of coming on here and complaining they are too OP for your outdated tactics...

But what about casual players, or lower ranked players, who may not want to/be able to come up with new strategies? I think at ST and Master level, it doesn't have as much effect, but even when I'm playing against someone weaker/around the same level as me I feel useless if they're playing Veggies Sad (though I'll certainly check that thread, but I still think the techniques/strategies at ST and Master doesn't always work at lower levels)
Also, if you have to devise completely new strategies to combat one update, there's a slight problem.
03-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Why don't you just play veggies till they aren't op anymore then

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 08:55 AM by Pareesauce.)
I've been trying to play as veggies...but I still managed to be overwhelmed by other veggie players lol though I think I need more practice. (Most of the time, i wait quite a few turns to spawn a special. As soon as you do that, the other person will and then BAM! Though I think that's saying more about my skill - or lack thereof - than brambler being overpowered Sad )
Also I prefer to play as adorables or scallywags 'cause it suits my style Cool And it's a bit of a shame if you can't really use the other races in fear of a disadvantage.
03-11-2013, 10:43 AM
(03-11-2013 07:36 AM)Pareesauce Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 06:02 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I don't really think this thread is actually helping anyone really... All anyone is doing here is discussing how they plan to make the Veggienauts useless again because they don't wish to adapt to the v3 Bramble. All I'm saying is maybe you should spend a little more time making new strategies instead of coming on here and complaining they are too OP for your outdated tactics...

But what about casual players, or lower ranked players, who may not want to/be able to come up with new strategies? I think at ST and Master level, it doesn't have as much effect, but even when I'm playing against someone weaker/around the same level as me I feel useless if they're playing Veggies Sad (though I'll certainly check that thread, but I still think the techniques/strategies at ST and Master doesn't always work at lower levels)
Also, if you have to devise completely new strategies to combat one update, there's a slight problem.

So Im guessing, you like the new update? LOL Big Grin
03-11-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 11:17 AM by BuzzleBee123.)
(03-11-2013 10:43 AM)Mrdemaria Wrote:  So Im guessing, you like the new update? LOL Big Grin

Well, yes the Veggienauts are no longer the team you play for fun on friendlies. It's actually a pretty good team that is finally up to par with the rest of the teams. We've developed very few strategies even during Bramble v1 and v2 and now that Bramble v3 hit everybody is freaking out because the Veggienauts are finally good and nobody is bothering to try to combat them and develop strategies. Maybe instead of playing like we did before how about we create strategies instead of calling for nerfs that will only bring Bramble back to its useless stages. Reducing the health to 2 hp is not nerfing the Veggienauts it would cripple them. Instead of having the new need for heavies which spices up and freshens the gameplay, matches against the Veggienauts would not be "hmm how do I secure my control of this side while protecting my units?" Instead it would be "how many soldiers do I need." All I'm saying is now there is a new need for heavies in matches and I think we all just need to chill and instead of whining about how bramble is OP or coming up with ideas for nerfs, we should let a new team take the lead and learn to outwit them. I mean this game is called "Outwitters" not "I can't adapt and form new strategies".

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-11-2013, 11:20 AM
(03-11-2013 11:14 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 10:43 AM)Mrdemaria Wrote:  So Im guessing, you like the new update? LOL Big Grin

Well, yes the Veggienauts are no longer the team you play for fun on friendlies. It's actually a pretty good team that is finally up to par with the rest of the teams. We've developed very few strategies even during Bramble v1 and v2 and now that Bramble v3 hit everybody is freaking out because the Veggienauts are finally good and nobody is bothering to try to combat them and develop strategies. Maybe instead of playing like we did before how about we create strategies instead of calling for nerfs that will only bring Bramble back to its useless stages. Reducing the health to 2 hp is not nerfing the Veggienauts it would cripple them. Instead of having the new need for heavies which spices up and freshens the gameplay, matches against the Veggienauts would not be "hmm how do I secure my control of this side while protecting my units?" Instead it would be "how many soldiers do I need." All I'm saying is now there is a new need for heavies in matches and I think we all just need to chill and instead of whining about how bramble is OP or coming up with ideas for nerfs, we should let a new team take the lead and learn to outwit them. I mean this game is called "Outwitters" not "I can't adapt and form new strategies".
Calm down bro. Keep in mind that people who aren't used to bramble will also get better with Bramble v3 as time goes on, strategies will develop for the bramble, just as much as strategies to combat the bramble. I think Bramble isn't OP on the small maps, but played right, Bramble is OP on large maps such as Thorn Gulley in which you have three routes to overwhelm your opponent with thorns on. Heavies simply don't work on maps like this. Therefore, I think that there needs to be a nerf of some sort. Although they are not OP on the small maps, they are devastating on the large maps.
03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Calm down bro. Keep in mind that people who aren't used to bramble will also get better with Bramble v3 as time goes on, strategies will develop for the bramble, just as much as strategies to combat the bramble. I think Bramble isn't OP on the small maps, but played right, Bramble is OP on large maps such as Thorn Gulley in which you have three routes to overwhelm your opponent with thorns on. Heavies simply don't work on maps like this. Therefore, I think that there needs to be a nerf of some sort. Although they are not OP on the small maps, they are devastating on the large maps.

[/quote]

Sorry I just got really tired of people complaining about bramble when it's finally good now. I just sorta poured out my frustration there.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Another idea:

Bramble thorns can only spawn 1-away, not 2-away.
03-11-2013, 11:40 AM
What about the space in between for the units?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…