Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Alex, read this. :)
03-10-2013, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 06:25 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Alex, read this. :)
I also have sent PMs to Alex with no response, Adam is generally better. But I understand that they are only two guys, struggling to make ends meet on a game that has been a financial flop despite its critical success. They have better things to do than respond to every little whim of their fanbase. That being said, there is a happy medium, and I do think they are on the wrong side of it - but only slightly. I don't think this thread is appropriate.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 06:29 AM
(03-09-2013 09:51 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Hey alex

I've sent you three pm's, you answered to only one.

First time, it was some month ago, when I asked you if it was possible to change my username, since the qwertiest was able to. You told me only mods could so, and then I wondered if you could do it for me? No answer. But it didn't matter at all, I thought you simply overread my message and forgot about it. A nickname isn't important.

Around two weeks ago, I read your thread "need help filling up your tourney?" and thus asked you if you could promote my tourney "the elite chapionship". You didn't EVEN answer. I canceled it after, since it got unnoticed because top 200 are already in quite a lot of contest, but it's not the problem here. If you (actually it was adam, but I don't see what it changes) open a thread to say you can help, do help, don't ignore. If you didn't want to showcase, just tell it, it's totally fine.

As busy as you are and as awesome developer as you are, it's still quite unpolite not to answer, especially when YOU say you can help. It's not as if I sent a bunch of useless Pm's like "hey can you make me beta tester" or "gimme my hidden rating skills", I write properly, politely and sent you only three PM's since I know this forum.

No offense, but I never understood people who are not answering to normal and useful messages, especially when their answer are important. Smile

I think you need to take a minute and think about this. There's literally 2 of them. If they could afford someone to do PR, it'd be different.

You sent 3 PMs, 2 about changing username (which is meaningless) and they responded to one, which should be good enough right there. As for the tournament, there's only so many they can promote. Would it really have made you feel better to get a response that said "we're too busy to do this".

A couple months back I sent them a pm about the problem I had with outwitters (my turns wouldn't send, ever). I got no response, and I was pretty unhappy, I mean, I have paid somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10 dollars on this game. Not long after the problem was fixed. They didn't take the time to respond, but they did actually take the time to fix it.

Personally I would rather them spend their working time actually fixing/improving the game than responding to every PM, especially ones that in the grand scheme of things are meaningless.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
03-10-2013, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 06:40 AM by TheQwertiest.)
hahaha i knew amoffett would come here. lol

aaand alex is reading this thread.. hi alex!

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-10-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm actually you even got a response from Alex about your username change so you should already be happy with that. As for the tournament publishing, yes it does make a difference that Adam was the one that posted it and Alex is the one you messaged. Adam is the only one that has been publishing tournament information and deals more with PR related stuff. I think you probably would have gotten a response from Adam regarding it.
03-10-2013, 06:41 AM
We don't agree on this point and we never will ^^ To my mind, answering is normal, it's something which is obvious to be done. When I forget to answer to someone, I feel bad cuz I feel unpolite.. Well, here alex is not my friend, and the subject is NOT that important, but, I don't understand what it costs not to pay 15 seconds of attention to someone. In case I've been misunderstood (hm jannix?), I'm not ranting, simply.. Well, not understanding. Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-10-2013, 07:01 AM
(03-10-2013 06:32 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  hahaha i knew amoffett would come here. lol

aaand alex is reading this thread.. hi alex!

Wait, what? Do I have a reputation or something?

Back to the point though, if it were just 15 seconds, than sure. But if its 15 seconds x however many PMs and other messages they get daily? That adds up. You might consider it rude not to respond to a message, but the fact is that its impossible to respond to everyone when you have 2 people up against 1000's.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
03-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Adam tends to handle the scheduling of posts about tourneys into our news feed. Unfortunately, if it ends up in my PM inbox then all bets are off. Regarding your tournament promotion, that was truly an error on my part as it fell through the cracks, and I apologize. I forwarded the response to Adam, it got bounced back to me to promote in the next top 200 post. Five minutes later I've completely forgotten about it and moved on to fixing other things. I've got the memory of a goldfish. If it doesn't get scheduled in any of my planning tools it's as good as forgotten.

I get a lot of communication from players of Outwitters and Tilt to Live. It's either through email, facebook, twitter, our blog, or this forum. I tend to read it all, but I don't respond to each individual message, tweet, or PM, so please don't take it personally. Forum PM's are no exception to this.

If there is a widespread issue that I'm getting a lot of feedback on, I typically try to make a newsfeed post about it rather than respond to each message that "we're working on it". If it's a new problem cropping up, or I need more detailed info about something I'll usually try to correspond with a few effected players to resolve the matter.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
03-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Hm, right, yeah I didn't imagin you receive so many messages tbh Smile Sorry!
I tend to forget you're more than this forum mods aha
No worries I didn't take it personal!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Woohoo onealexledt responded!!

Honestly, and truthfully, I give a lot, a lot respect to a two men team who develops such a great game AND still continue to support any issues the users may face, whether its bug fixing, promoting the user organized tourney, updating the game to address users concert of game play, putting 2/2 top list, when they don't really have to do ANY of these, let alone responding to all the communications they get through different outlets... I do want to take the time to recognize the efforts they are putting in this game and closely listen to the users, GOOD JOBS!! After all, it is a business they are running, and running a business has a lot more business side they do have to deal with besides game related issues.

Look, Adam took less than 24 hours to respond, ha I take longer to play my next turn when I am busy too. I just feel Adam and Alex should really deserve the credits of what they are doing with such a great outwitters community's loving and supporting the games.

Mag!cguy, on the other hand, u r very cool and nice and polite about your request and your concern, which is great so the developers can take the chance to address directly and to me this is a healthy relationship. And as a user I do believe giving feedback n constructive criticism to the producer helps them to grow n is definitely something any business or developer holds valuable too.

You guys are cool! N I just felt the need to say that in my paper lol

But anyways, good night now Smile
03-10-2013, 04:47 PM
I don't think the developers have any obligation to respond to private messages or messages addressed to them. They could spend their time on more important things instead, such as better marketing and promotion, game balancing, new content, and so on. Responding to messages is really low impact in terms of time spent to results achieved.